Okay I got a 8830 and my mouse ball refuses to go DOWN half the ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

CashCrandle no está en línea Stack level 2

HOW TO: Fix mouse ball

Advertisement

Okay I got a 8830 and my mouse ball refuses to go DOWN half the time but yeah fo real, any way to clean or should I just send it off? How long does warranty last? I recently got this phone no more than 4 weeks ago.
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 10-03-2007 at 09:41 PM. Reason: edited for content

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

Re: HOW TO: Fix mouse ball

If its a new one I would not even bother trying to fix it yourself. Bring it back under the warranty.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Sniperet no está en línea Stack level 2

It's probably just a piece of lint or dirt caught in the mechanism. Using canned air blow into the trackball socket while pushing down on the ball, should solve the problem in a couple of seconds, worked for me. This is a lot easier than returning the phone and your next phone would probably do the same thing sooner or later.
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 10-03-2007 at 09:42 PM. Reason: edited for content

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

the disassembly guide works pretty well i used it for a friend of mines pearl just make sure to keep all the parts together

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

You can also use a Q-tip dipped in alcohol. Turn off the BB. Press the qtip on the ball and roll it in all directions. This will clean it and help dislodge whatever it is.

Once you get it working, don't carry it in your pocket. That seems to be the place it picks up the dirt and lint.