Hi guys - Is it possible to "mass" select in the address book a bunch ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

HighLife no está en línea Stack level 1

How to "mass" select contacts to create a new group?

Advertisement

Hi guys - Is it possible to "mass" select in the address book a bunch of contacts and create a new group for them?
    So far I only found the way to select them one by one which is veryyyyyyy tedious, I would love to find out if there is a way to do it faster! ;-)
    Thanks!
    Alex
    Last edited by HighLife; 07-29-2007 at 04:58 PM.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: How to add multiple contacts to a group?

Sorry, I'm not aware of any way to do that. Be happy you have so many friends to email!

Even worse, BB Address Book Groups don't sync to your host (at least not Outlook!), and there's no way to find them in your address book, so two suggestions for creating a BB Group:

1. Start the name with a symbol like #. It doesn't really search (when you type it it says "No Addresses"), but when you hit [Esc], you're at the top of the list where the entry is!

2. Create a category (BB Groups?) and put all your BB Groups into that category. Then you can list just those groups (or those and others).
    JerryD

HighLife no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: How to add multiple contacts to a group?

What a mess I VERY disappointed in the limitation of the BB 8830!
    RIM is in BIG trouble if they think they can keep on making $ long term with unit like the 8800 series!