Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

mine was FREE only 15.00 for s/h i had a T-mobile dash that kept freezing ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

neggie no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: how much did you pay for your 8800?

Advertisement

mine was FREE only 15.00 for s/h i had a T-mobile dash that kept freezing on me and it was my 3rd dash now and they sent me a brand new 8800. Like it lots better never used the apps or games avalible for smartphone and my new 8800 Has GPS with Tel Nav which saves me money as i just got a gps sunday and returned it save me 200 bucks there woot a/s

BBWrangler no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219DFD90

$0.00

Free gift at the Cingular launch party.
    It doesn't record video. Get over it.

pikaj00 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Ipaid $299 with a 3 year contract from bell here in canada

andrsnsm no está en línea Stack level 1

$109 on eBay, no contract required

mcg2u2 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ?????

Mine was free from T-Mobile...
    I had 7 different Dash Phone always a problem
    when they told me the 8800 was a swap i jump on it so quick

kathyria no está en línea Stack level 1

I got for $150 off of craigslist but I am trying to get rid of it because I can't unlock it..

Kat
    [FONT=MS Sans Serif]Kathyria Acevedo[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]
    [FONT=MS Sans Serif]Controller[/FONT]
    [FONT=MS Sans Serif](954) 497-3331 Facsimile[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]
    [/FONT][FONT=MS Sans Serif]Kathyria_acevedo@yahoo.com[/FONT]
    [FONT=MS Sans Serif]Hablo Espańol[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

349•99+tax+2yr contract.

richcee no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by kathyria
    I got for $150 off of craigslist but I am trying to get rid of it because I can't unlock it..

Kat
    If it is AT&T, I might be interested. PM me if so.

PwDiamond no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249df67d

I just upgraded myself from the 8700 to the 8800 - found it on Craigs List for $280.00 bucks, brand spankin' new I've bought 5 BlackBerries off of CL for myself and employees over the past year and a half (I usually post an ad saying I'm looking for a BlackBerry in perfect condition with absolutely NO imperfections).

I've found that a lot of non-BES users buy them because they look cool and then find out the functionality is a little more "business-like" than they thought, or got talked into too much phone by a slick salesman and want to recover the cash. It's a great way to get a basically new BB without any contract extensions.

Just be careful that they weren't using BIS to push their emails and didn't deactivate that feature. I found out the hard way that even if the previous owner drops the BlackBerry off their account, the PIN stays active with RIM for BIS and you're stuck with a bunch of someone elses junk in your inbox, and it's impossible to stop unless you can track down the old user and get them to call AT&T for you (though they'll probably be pretty quick about it if they realize you're getting all their personal e-mails on your shiny new handheld

wasntxme no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2408fbdc

You HAVE TO COMPARE the price for monthly Service with the cost of the Hardware folks. If you pay only an extra $10 per month for service thats $240. There is a reason they "give" the phones away... Either the Service is expensive (see below example), the phone is used, refurbished or the owner "found" it and doesnt need it anymore...

I got $549 less $200 instant discount at TMo website = $349 less 14.3% military discount (hardware and service discount). $0 activation fee.
    $59.99/mo (n.i. discount) = 1000 anytime nationwide minutes and unlimited BB/GPS/Internet/data program (with only a 1 yr contract)

You would be surprised at the number of organizations/businesses/schools that get discounts on service and hardware. Dont miss out.
    Optional MyFaves (unlimited calling to any 5 numbers for $6.95/mo) available if i ever get friends.

My simple search of Amazon 8800 produced ZERO TMobile results and 1 ATT 8800 option available for $150 with 2yr contract ($250 cancelation).... Comparable ATT service to mine is a whopping 900 minutes $59.99 + BB internet $29.99 = $90/mo !!

final math is (drum roll please) "save" $150-$300 on hardware (couldnt find .01 plans everyone was mentioning but...) and you spend extra on service $30 x 24= $720 Do your own math and then (try to) return your .01 phone

Final note regarding Warranty: Buying the phone on a Platinum MC/Visa doubles the Mfg Warranty... HOWEVER, My t-mobile warranty states on page 1 that the warranty is NOT transferable. So buying a used/pre-owned/pre-registered phone can come with the grim reality that you have no warranty rights for up to 2 years. Better spend the extra $6.95/mo for extended coverage. $7 x 24=$168 smackers.

You get what you pay for... buyer beware !
    Last edited by wasntxme; 07-29-2007 at 03:21 PM.

Krad no está en línea Stack level 3

I went to a rim "wireless crm seminar" posted on many blackberry websites. I got a brand new 8800 and attempted to unlock and find out it wasn't on the att db.. so i had to spend 50 bones to get it internationally unlocked with adam from gsmphonesource. Took 6 days but worked like a charm.

My buddies did what i did and no issues unlocking.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123