Hi, anyone know of a way to find out how much juice is left in ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

sunsy no está en línea Stack level 1

How long left for the battery?

Advertisement

Hi,

anyone know of a way to find out how much juice is left in the battery before re-charge is due?

I know the yellow battery bar reduces thru use but it would be handy to see soemthing a little more detailed - if Im out without a charger then it could help me...

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: How long left for the battery?

options>status will show you a percentage, the problem you have with exact time left will depend on your personal use and the BB can't predict the future use.
    the percentage is the closest you will get
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

There's also a way to have your battery displayed as a percentage on your homescreen instead of the battery icon. For the life of me I can't remember how to do this, anyone?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mcgowan08
    There's also a way to have your battery displayed as a percentage on your homescreen instead of the battery icon. For the life of me I can't remember how to do this, anyone?

Bump. Anyone know how to do this?

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

I've seen the signal strength change, but not the battery.

fbriceno97 Guest

My wife installed on her 8100 a theme bought at BBgames, and it shows the battery % left, so i think this is theme controlled.

Cheers

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

How would knowing how low the battery is help you if you don't have a charger? Why not just charge it nightly (unless you use it in your sleep)?

Crewdawg257 no está en línea BES Pro

You mean you don't use you BB in your sleep?
    --
    I suspect that Microsoft Access is nothing but Microsoft Excel with a VBScript wrapper.
    - Unknown

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    How would knowing how low the battery is help you if you don't have a charger? Why not just charge it nightly (unless you use it in your sleep)?
    to keep your battery holding more juice longer, its best not to charge unless it almost dead. i race electric 1/10 scale stadium trucks so i know how important it is to get the most out of your battery. i could go a little over 2 days without charging on my old 7100i.

tessitori no está en línea Stack level 3

It appears that there are many different opinion on when to charge the battery and the most common as just stated is to let them to almost dead then recharge. Does anyone know the science about battery life and charging?

ifeelyou no está en línea Stack level 1

i use the 8800 constantly, my work day is typically around 12 hours... i noticed the battery lasts me two full days! i just recently switched from the 7250, and i had to charge that every night before i went to sleep. i love how i can go away for the weekend and not worry about a charge

ifeelyou no está en línea Stack level 1

i heard somewhere that you should typically let the battery drain nearly completely before recharging, it extends battery life apparently? i can't confirm that, but i do however follow that rule.
    Last edited by ifeelyou; 05-18-2007 at 01:05 AM.

miamitreo no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I've heard the oppisite. I was told that the first few charges should be at near empty. Then after that top off through out the day.

tessitori no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by ifeelyou
    i use the 8800 constantly, my work day is typically around 12 hours... i noticed the battery lasts me two full days! i just recently switched from the 7250, and i had to charge that every night before i went to sleep. i love how i can go away for the weekend and not worry about a charge
    When you say you use it constantly ... do you also have bluetooth enabled? I am on the phone about 3 hours a day, have the bluetoothheadset connected, and use the Mapquest to get to/from and by the end of the day the battery is quite low.