I'm considering a Blackberry for the first time, and have settled on an 8800 for ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

bchaplin no está en línea Stack level 1

How long for T-Mobile's pricing to drop?

Advertisement

I'm considering a Blackberry for the first time, and have settled on an 8800 for its GPS capabilities. I prefer T-Mobile over Cingular, for many reasons, but I am surprised at the price disparity in 8800's as a new activation: Cingular is $100 w/ a two year contract, via Amazon, and T-Mobile's would cost me $350 with a two year contract. Does anyone happen to know how these pricing cycles generally go... How long would I have to wait for T-Mobile's price to go down?

(Verizon is completely out of the picture; I'm only looking at GSM carriers.)

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Re: How long for T-Mobile's pricing to drop?

Actually if you compare prices at both of their websites (t-mobile and cingular) there is only a $50 difference after rebates for a new 8800 with a 2yr contract. That cheaper price on Amazon comes with some stipulations including but not limited to not using the phone on another line and authorizing them to charge your card for $250 if you don't meet all their requirements up to day 181. (gotta love fine print )

Zo

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Amazon's pricing is not at&t's pricing. As far as price drops, there's not really a standard formula. You really just have to wait and see. It's likely influenced by demand. If you're shopping now, I wouldn't count on future price drops...

bchaplin no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the advice. I have never bought a cell phone from Amazon before -- it is true that it is probably not worth the hassle.