Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i just ordered two parts for andre but, the thing is....im not sure how the ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

littleacorn no está en línea Stack Professional

how is the lens clarity/keyboard from cnn.cn

Advertisement

i just ordered two parts for andre but, the thing is....im not sure how the clarity of the lens will be. is it truly oem and if not, is it at least the same sort of resolution id get from an oem part?

also, ordered a replacement keyboard. are there any noticable differences?

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: how is the lens clarity/keyboard from cnn.cn

i haven't tried anything from them. Anyone else?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Fiasco no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20D434D0

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~You mention "clarity of lens". What part are you referring to?

The keyboard replacement I ordered for my previous 8800 was exactly the same as the one on the device.

fantastic

clarity...

the reason i mention this is because i once ordered a part from hong kong for an entirely different phone, a screen lense as well, and it came back with this opacity to it that skewed the screen images. i want to be certain it doesnt do this when i install it.

is it difficult to install?

Karpfish24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243fd52f

I ordered a new LCD lens(actually whole front casing) from them a week or so ago, it is enroute. I will let you know when it gets here, but from what I have heard previously the parts are all OEM so it will be just like new. Can't wait, my front cover has gotten pretty beat up.

Fiasco no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20D434D0
    I once ordered an entire 8700c housing including the front screen from cnn.cn and it was perfect.

The 8800 keyboard was pretty simple to install. Took less then 10 minutes.

justajason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C7F74

I ordered two full housings, and on both, the keyboard didnt feel right. The original keys on my 8830 felt better...like they had good resistance.. I tried several ways of installing the keys.. And got the same effect..
    The lens on both of the housings, were excellent. Had a double coating of plastic.. And went together just right... I believe they are the OEM manufacturer. They look way too good, when you put them together...
    Ugh, couldnt think of anything to change it to.

thank goodness.

the keyboard part gets me; im hoping i dont feel anything different but as analytical as i am, im sure ill find something not right if its off smidgen.

as for the lens, what a sigh of relief! at least i can get rid of the annoying scratch on the lens thats terribly annoying to me.

thank you all for your help!

PIN/ID
    242C7F74

I know, it got me twice... but you never know... YOU might be the one, who gets the good one....

oligo33 no está en línea Silent Stacker

Ordered a full housing from CNN, excellent quality and easily the match for original (very fast delivery from HK too, if this matters). Regarding the keyboard, I found the tightness of the four torx screws visible when the battery cover is removed is critical to keyboard 'feel'. Might be worth having a play with these within the range of about a quarter turn. There is no detrimental effect to housing tightness and integrity with the small adjustments involved.

when taking off the rails, do i really need the seperater from the youtube video that pdasomethingoranother.com sells? im thinking a credit card can probably do the same thing.

and thanks for the tidbit about screwing on the keyboard a little differently; that comes in handy. hopefully, i dont feel a difference at all by following your advice.

from a novices' perspective with regards to this being my first surgery on a bb, is this going to be painless?

PIN/ID
    242C7F74

I dont believe the CC will be strong enough... I used the seperator, because it looked like the job was a little easier.. And BTW, the siderails have a layer of adhesive... God forbid we tamper with our own devices....

PIN/ID
    242C7F74

OH, and BTW.... Make sure you get a can of compressed air... I have a compressor, so it wasnt a biggie to me. But if you get a little piece of lint, or a HAIR!!! Your gonna be quite pissy.....:cry:

jhall1986 no está en línea Stack level 3

thanks for the tips i order some siderails too gotta get a new keypad and trackball

Yester18 no está en línea Stack level 2

can anyone tell me if the new track balls ordered are more tackier then the basic verizon one, my father BB with AT&T curve feels allot better, feels more grippy, do these CN.nc replacement ones feel liek that or they the same.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast