Hey all, on my old 8700c I know i was able to remove the phone ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

kjbmax77 no está en línea Stack level 3

How Do I remove phone

Advertisement

Hey all,
    on my old 8700c I know i was able to remove the phone app and other voice features, my blackberry is Data only and I just want the apps out of my way if possible, (i know i can hide them I just want to remove them completely) any ideas for me, as it wont let me remove it via app loader and i cannot delete from app list on device. Thanks.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Re: How Do I remove phone

Options >advanced options> applications > highlight phone press menu and then delete!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kjbmax77 no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)
    Unfortunately it doesn't give me the option to delete from application in adv options just view properties, etc.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by kjbmax77
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)
    Unfortunately it doesn't give me the option to delete from application in adv options just view properties, etc.
    that's b/c it is a critical system component to RIM. The only way to do so would be to modify the alx file. ( at your own risk) if you decide to do so save a fresh copy of the alx somewhere so you can paste it back in. modify the alx and save then run app loader. I have been successful at this once, completely by accident. If you reboot up to a retro looking pre color screen BB homescreen you know you did something wrong. Be careful to know what cod file you delete and when to accomplish this. Again this is AT YOUR OWN RISK.