Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have tried the device wipe as mentioned in this thread, and although it does ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

pybe no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2527E9B7

Question Re: How do I hard reset a new 8800?

Advertisement

I have tried the device wipe as mentioned in this thread, and although it does wipe all user data it does not factory reset the device all 3rd party apps etc are still installed. Is there a way to completely wipe a device so its like it came out the box?

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    Soft reset just resets the device so it will work faster.

Wipe (which is what the original poster wanted) removes all custom programs, upgraded OS's, themes, wallpapers, backgrounds, etc. so that the device is just like it was when you first received it.
    Wiping the phone from the menu leaves installed themes and 3rd party apps in place, I just clears information to configure the 3rd party app. The only way to get it back to truely out of the box status is to wipe the phone using javaloader or jl_cmdr. Then download the OS from the carrier and install it that way.

Ace-Files no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: How do I hard reset a new 8800?

As you "Wipe" the device, there should be a check-box that needs to be checked in order to delete all third-party apps.

Landballs no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: How do I hard reset a new 8800?

What do you do when these options don't work. My BB8800 has just been a black screen with a blinking red light. I've tried pulling the battery, and every three finger salute mentioned and nothing works.

It barely even seems to be running, other than the flashing light.
    Last edited by Landballs; 10-29-2007 at 12:51 PM.

MilitaryPawn no está en línea Stack level 1
    When I turn my pearl on I get the error Uncaught exception: java.lang.ClassCastException, and it wont go away so I can't do anything else. I know I need to hard reset the phone but my problem gets worse. My USB port is broken so I can't plug it into my computer and because I can't click anything I can't set up the bluetooth to do it that way. Is there any way to reset the phone using the microSD card, like some kind of self extracting reset file or something? I couldn't find anything on Google. Please help! I don't know what else to do!?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12