I am considering moving one of my mail accounts to a hosted server on Mailstreet-- ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

hillelk no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2408c7e8

Hosted Email

Advertisement

I am considering moving one of my mail accounts to a hosted server on Mailstreet-- Has anyone done this successfully -- I have several email accounts and I would like to wirelessly sync my mail, contacts and calendar-- Suggestions, comments--

stewea no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    headed

Re: Hosted Email

I currently use MailStreet for hosting my email. They are more expensive then other services (do a Google search on Hosted Exchange Service), and other services may provide more baseline storage space, but overall, their service/tech support is the best I have seen. I have tried 4Smartphone (works well if you use a WM device, don't believe they support BB BES), and tried mail2web, also okay. They all offer trial service with no commitment, so review their sites and give them a try before committing.

Steve

PIN/ID
    2408c7e8

Thanks I am trying to get set up on MailStreet-- my challenge is to get the MX and NS servers pointed properly as my webmaster who controls my domain keeps telling me he has made the changes and yet the changes are not eyt reflected in the Mail Street system so I am frustrated to say the least

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

You won't really see any changes in the MailStreet system after the MX records are changed for your domain. DNS changes can take 1-2 days to fully propagate. Are you using MailStreet's Defender service as well?

I had some problems with a web hosting provider that controlled the DNS records in one case. The MX records for Defender aren't like your typical MX record entries and for some reason it took the hosting company a number of tries to get it right for some reason. I've never had any problems when I could directly modify the MX records myself. If the MX records are correctly updated and fully propagated you'll be fine at that point.

PIN/ID
    2408c7e8

See below

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    You won't really see any changes in the MailStreet system after the MX records are changed for your domain. DNS changes can take 1-2 days to fully propagate. Are you using MailStreet's Defender service as well? Yes

I had some problems with a web hosting provider that controlled the DNS records in one case. The MX records for Defender aren't like your typical MX record entries and for some reason it took the hosting company a number of tries to get it right for some reason. I've never had any problems when I could directly modify the MX records myself. If the MX records are correctly updated and fully propagated you'll be fine at that point.
    As I said I do not have the ability to change either the DNS or the MX records-- how will I know if they are changed? TIA

Hillel

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ there are dns tools on the web that do this

PIN/ID
    2408c7e8

Quote Originally Posted by kentrg
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ there are dns tools on the web that do this
    Thanks so much I have been looking at them-- the rpoblem is not having the information from the person who set this up for me and most of these services seem to require a log on utilizing the oringinal email contact and password

PIN/ID
    headed

takeshi is correct. It may take up to 24 hours to propogate the DNS info. Also, if you are using Mail Defender, the MX setup is different. Perhaps you can get your manager to transfer domain control to you or MailStreet.

Steve

PIN/ID
    2408c7e8

Quote Originally Posted by stewea
    takeshi is correct. It may take up to 24 hours to propogate the DNS info. Also, if you are using Mail Defender, the MX setup is different. Perhaps you can get your manager to transfer domain control to you or MailStreet.

Steve
    That would be ideal for some reason he is balking or being non repsonsive I cannot get him to call me and as of this am nothinghad changed

PIN/ID
    headed

I know how frustrating that can be. The only advice I have is to keep plugging away at your manager, and hopefully get him to either change the DNS/MX info or transfer it. Wish I could say more.

Steve

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Call Ted at LanLogic and tell him I referred you. Don't know the number off the top of my head, but the web addy is www.lanlogic.net.

PIN/ID
    2408c7e8

Quote Originally Posted by stewea
    I know how frustrating that can be. The only advice I have is to keep plugging away at your manager, and hopefully get him to either change the DNS/MX info or transfer it. Wish I could say more.

Steve
    Thanks I will get it resolved eventually

Hillel

PIN/ID
    2408c7e8

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    Call Ted at LanLogic and tell him I referred you. Don't know the number off the top of my head, but the web addy is www.lanlogic.net.
    Thanks Ted-- I think my domain will be transferred to my control

hillel