hi all, apologies if i have posted in the wrong section, im just having a ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

gordonstrange no está en línea Stack level 1

hi, and err help!

Advertisement

hi all, apologies if i have posted in the wrong section, im just having a major issue with my 8800, which i am hoping that you can help me with!

Right here's the deal my 8800's USB port has come lose, my phone company are replacing the phone-all good. Problem i have is this: the sim only holds a tiny fraction of the address's and numbers I have on my phone, as the port is stuffed, I can't connect to my laptop and transfer my address book across. Is there anyway I can save my contacts to my media card? Is there a way to wirelessly do this? Maybe one of those 'save your contact' companies?

I have very little battery left so any help is appreciated.

thanks for taking the time to read this!!

ps i use a mac powerbook g4

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hello Gordon! Welcome to PinStack!

Where are you located? Do you have access to a retail store? If so, they could transfer everything from one device to the other.

hi RoGro, im in the uk, but the phone came from my service provider, as is the replacement. i did ask the guys on the phone if i could do just this but, unfortunatly that old favourite 'company policy' reared its head, and i was told it wouldnt be feasible

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    The only way to transfer the info will be over bluetooth. I am not sure if that will work on a Mac but do know it will on a PC.

Zo

Hi Amigotek, my Mac has bluetooth, but i cant seem to browse the 8800-do i need to enable something on the phone itself?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Should be an icon on the home screen to enable bluetooth, otherwise it will be in your options. Make it discoverable and then see if you can pair it with your Mac.

Right, what i have done, is email all my contacts individually, to myself, via email (so as attatchments). when i get my replacement, I think, it should be just a case of resending that email to myself, so that it then appears on my 8800, and i theoretically should be able to get them onto my phone that way....?

i tried to send my address book to my mac via b/tooth, but the handheld just frooze