Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

If youve been trying like so many others to get the Verizon theme to work ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17

Thumbs up Heres How to Get Verizon Zen Theme to work on the 8800

Advertisement

If youve been trying like so many others to get the Verizon theme to work on the 8800 well here it is. The new Vodaphone OS v4.2.1.101 allows it to not only appear but load.

Follow these intructions and you should have it working within 15 minutes! Download the the 8830 OS from VZ (you'll need a number so just use anyone's number you know who is on verizon) to your computer and then uninstall the current version of your BB8800 OS from the computer. Then reinstall it back to your computer using the Vodaphone 4.2.1.101 OS in the links on pinstack.

Delete the Vendor.xml file from C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research in Motion/AppLoader

Then go to the 8800 OS folder on your computer in C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research in Motion/Shared/Loader Files/8800-v4.2.1.101 P2 3.0.80 and modify your blackberry.alx to the followng being sure to copy exactly where you already have anything under <!-- Verizon US filesets -->

<!-- Verizon US filesets -->
    <fileset Colour="True" Java="1.0" series="8800">
    <files>
    net_rim_theme_105_zen_320x240_b.cod
    </files>
    </fileset>

Now go to the 8830 OS on your computer in /Program Files/Common Files/Research in Motion/Shared/Loader Files/8830-v4.2.2.138 P3 0.0.67/Java

copy net_rim_theme_105_zen_320x240.b.cod and paste it into the same place within your 8800's Java folder: C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research in Motion/Shared/Loader Files/8800-v4.2.1.101 P2 3.0.80/Java

Then open your Application Loader on the DM and when it asks to update your Core System Files click yes/ok

Your Verzion ZEN theme will now list and load! The icons are definitely the best Ive found for any BB yet!

Enjoy!

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Heres How to Get Verizon Zen Theme to work on the 8800

Thanks for the info
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Very informative, thanks for the info and I'm sure a lot will find it very helpful
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Krad no está en línea Stack level 3

this i don't believe works.

The verizon theme is a 4.2.2 theme and it might show up on the 8800 but you cannot select it. Someone else i believe on here or another forum, got a 4.2.1. version of the verizon theme and included an alx file to easily load it.

the verizon version i have is 4.2.1.79 not 4.2.2.x

PIN/ID
    2746CB17

Quote Originally Posted by Krad
    this i don't believe works.

The verizon theme is a 4.2.2 theme and it might show up on the 8800 but you cannot select it. Someone else i believe on here or another forum, got a 4.2.1. version of the verizon theme and included an alx file to easily load it.

the verizon version i have is 4.2.1.79 not 4.2.2.x

As I said in the instructions you must downlaod Vodaphone OS v4.2.1.101. This is the ONLY OS that will allow you to install and load it. Read the instructions..believe me it works!! has for many already including me on the 8800. If you follow the steps and use the latest VZ OS for the 8830 it works perfectly well.

i have 4.2.1.101 loaded

According to your logic... I should be able to also get the sprint theme to work on the 8800. Which i don't believe works on the 101.

PIN/ID
    2746CB17

Krad. LOL... my logic? its a FACT. Im not the only one this is working for but you MUSt follow the instructions. Just having 4.2.1.101 wont be enough. You have to reload per the instructions and follow all the other directions! It's funny because its like you dont want to believe it - so therefore you dont. here are the facts. I have a Tmobile 8800. I did what I detailed in the thread.. I now have the Verizon 8830 theme loaded and working as my theme--- and only the Vodaphone 4.2.1.101 OS when combined with VZ 8830-v4.2.2.138 will make it so. Not making it up! If it's not working for you then you havent followed every step properly. Havent tried the Sprint but all that is widely known right now is that the 8800 Vodaphone v4.2.1.101 is the only one that has enabled the VZ theme. So - there ya go. Look around and you will see severla others who have this working now too.

i am not calling you a liar.

I was unable to get it to show up on my blackberry with the 4.2.2 version.

can you take a screenshot of your modules and show us what version of the verizon theme you have loaded.

just to recap. in order to get this theme to show up properly, a 4.2.2 theme. You essentially need to add the verizon theme to the blackberry alx or if you want just replace one of the crappier themes calls in the blackberry.alx to the verizon one by changing lets say a 102a to a 105.

It then loads via blackberry alx injection and works in the os on the phone.

I have tried this approach with this theme and the new vodafone and was unable to get the theme loaded on the phone because it was a 4.2.2 theme. Only way i was able to get it on was via javaloader.exe

PIN/ID
    2746CB17

did you delete the vendor.xml file and no..dont change any vendor codes in your blackberry.alx file..DELETE them all. You dont need vendor codes. as i said in the thread the v for the 8830 is v4.2.2.138. if you cant get it loaded on your 8800 you have missed a step in the thread. Has to be done exactly as prescribed in the orginal thread. Cant do anything different. If you already have the voadaphone v.4.2.1.101 installed you will have to reinstall it on your PC because you need the modified ALX file and theme copied to the corrct folder. Good luck!!

PIN/ID
    2746CB17

oh sorry...the theme you need to have loaded on your java folder in the PC per the thread is net_rim_theme_zen_320x240.b.cod

jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3

That seems like alot of work just to say "I have that theme". And what's up with you and Krad?

PIN/ID
    2746CB17

so many have asked for a way to make it work and honestly, it really is the best theme with the best icons. Very slick.

yeah i got zen dimension theme loaded. Otherwise i wouldn't have the tmobile themes working.

no beef with anyone here, i was just unable to get any 4.2.2 theme to load on my vodafone 101 os.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by jpl572103
    That seems like alot of work just to say "I have that theme".
    Meh -- it's not that big of a deal. Copy the .cod file, edit blackberry.alx and sync...

Quote Originally Posted by Krad
    can you take a screenshot of your modules and show us what version of the verizon theme you have loaded.
    I can't take a screenshot but in Modules, net_rim_theme_105_zen_320x240_b is listed as version 4.2.2.66. As bglawrence says, logic has nothing to do with it.

There's a huge thread on BlackberryForums.com on this topic with plenty of people that have loaded the 8830 Verizon Zen theme on their 8800's. I'm not sure what issue you're having. I had the same problem as you before I loaded Voda's 4.2.101 on my 8800, FWIW...
    Last edited by takeshi; 08-13-2007 at 11:09 AM.

maybe my device is a fluke. Was there even a verizon os for 8830 that was not an 4.2.2? because the version i have is 4.2.1.79 from i believe jibi or stinsondog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast