Hey all - I posted this question in the themes forum, but then I realized ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

amfmac no está en línea Stack level 2

Help with Application Loader

Advertisement

Hey all -

I posted this question in the themes forum, but then I realized it's happening for anything I try to install via Application Loader, so I thought I'd post here as well.

I am quite new at this, so I apologize if this is a bone-headed question.

I downloaded and unzipped a couple themes and games. I then went into Application Loader, clicked 'Add', and selected one of the *.alx files. When I clicked 'open' however, a box popped up that says 'No additional applications designed for your device were found".

I have an AT&T 8800 with OS 4.2.1.79. Desktop Manager is version 4.2.0.10

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!!

adam

organic_matter no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Help with Application Loader

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~there is already something with the same name or similar alx file so you have to delete the entry on the app loader and then complete the proceSs and go back in and load the new alx.... I experinced this when testing a few jar conversions and this was the only way I found I'm sure there is a easyer way I'm just not famialar

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

if you have installed the applications/themes before, then possibly removed them, then what ^^ said is correct. if you have downloaded themes and/or applications that aren't made for your device/OS, then you will get the same error.

Yeah. This is happening both with brand new apps that I have never installed before as well as one theme that I had. Ill check out the apps list, but I don't think that's the problem.

This is a corporate bb - could that affect this? I can easily install things ota, so I don't think that's the problem, but I suppose it's possible. I figure if that were the problem I would get a different error than this one.
    Thanks!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I'm sorry to bump this post, but I'm still struggling with this. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks so much!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

maybe there are restrictions on your bb due to the IT policy. the PC that you are using to download/install, is it home or work?

adam - i also noticed that you do not have the latest version of DM...maybe thats it? you need DM 4.2 service pack 2 (im currently sporting 4.2.2.12)

Thanks for the reply!

The computer I'm using is at work, so that could be it, but I'm not convinced it is. Is there a way for me to upgrade to the latest DM without losing the existing settings set up by the company? The last thing I want to do is mess something up and have to call them to fix it.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

The no apps found error is an indication that you are are trying to load an additional application and do not have a copy of the current handheld software, or update package installed on you PC. Without it, apps loader cant do anything.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

What do I need to do to correct this? Having DM is not enough? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    The no apps found error is an indication that you are are trying to load an additional application and do not have a copy of the current handheld software, or update package installed on you PC. Without it, apps loader cant do anything.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

Well, I finally figured it out! I did in fact need to download my handheld software onto my computer. I still don't really understand what that does, but it worked!

Thanks everyone for your help! If anyone else is having this problem, this is the thread where I found my device software:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...oad_sites.html