I just purchased an 8800 for cingular for a 100 problem is I have tmo ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

kamelwithak no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20E127A8

help with 8800 cingular

Advertisement

I just purchased an 8800 for cingular for a 100 problem is I have tmo lol can you guys help me to figure out how I can ulock it and how I can flash it to work on tmo

Ty
    Pierre Kamel

EB
    EB no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: help with 8800 cingular

A great place to start is to contact the "restricting" carrier (in this case - Cingular). Explain the situation and ask them to send you an unlock code (they will typically do this via email). The ususal prerequisite is that you pay the buyout price (the one you pay when you don't activate the phone at the time of purchase).
    Hope this was helpful.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Same as any other BB. Call the carrier that it is locked to or use an unlocking service.

miltw3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Call AT&T and request the unlock code. I was in the same boat and got it without a problem. I had to prove that I purchased the phone free and clear of a contract. However, while I waiting for the unlock code from AT&T, I posted a listing on CraigList soliciting anyone in the area who had a TMO 8800 in that same condition and was looking for a AT&T/Cingular 8800. Low and behold I found a match in one or two days and did a swap. Now I have a branded, and in good shape TMO 8800. Best wishes. If AT&T doesn't cooperate, try an unlock provider. You can find plenty on Ebay.