I bought a Cingular branded 8800 and tried to get it unlocked through all the ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

tecbloke no está en línea Stack level 2

help unlocking a Cingular 8800 - can't find anyone who can actually do it

Advertisement

I bought a Cingular branded 8800 and tried to get it unlocked through all the usual channels, all of whom said the IMEI was not in the database. It turns out that this unit was given to the previous owner as a gift by RIM and he never used it and sold it to me (he never said it was unlocked or unlockable - so I have no issue with him). Does anyone know who I can speak to at RIM, or know how I can get this unlocked for T-mobile? I really want to get using this BB it looks sweet. Please help...

budbundy2001 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: help unlocking a Cingular 8800 - can't find anyone who can actually do it

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I had the same problem as you. I bought my phone cheap on Ebay, an 8800 Cingular branded and no one could unlock it. I found out it was from a Launch Party which is where RIM gives away free BB's. I found someone on Ebay who could unlock my 8800 and 8700c. Unfortunately I can't post any links on Pinstack but go to Ebay and in the search box put this exactly as I type it; Remote Unlock O2 Blackberry Pearl 8100, 8800 & ALL MOD. The seller's name on Ebay is: cellunlocknet. The auction says it's $69.99 but I made him an offer of $40.00 and he accepted. He has many auctions for the 8800 that are cheaper like $14.99 or so but those are for phones where he can get right away. For Launch Party phones he has to contact RIM and then they give it to him in about 5-10 days. Mine took a week but I emailed my IMEI# to about 5 different people and he was the only one who could do it. He just unlocked my 8700c for $10.00 too.

cl65 no está en línea Stack level 1

gsmphonesource.com is a pretty good site.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

If it's not in the DB you'll have to contact the carrier of the brand of the BB and have the matter escalated to RIM. Good luck if you don't have an exisitng account with them...

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~gsmphonesource.com I used them 3x and each time it was flawless. ask stacey. She has my cingular 8800 with her tmo card working beautifully

oxide-tones no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2058FAF3

settings; advanced options; SIM Card

Shift MEPD will bring up status on all locks, if they are all disabled, youre good

Krad no está en línea Stack level 3

i used adam from gsmphonesource.com

i got a cingular branded 8800 from a rim crm seminar, probably where yours came from.... Does your 8800 have an oracle sticker inside with a skew?

Mine wasn't on the database either. Took 5 days for adam to get his international service to get the unlock code. Been using it about 2 months now. Can't go back to pearl from the 8800....