Hi all, I'm having an interesting issue of SMS messages getting "stuck" on my home ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

ploo no está en línea Stack level 1

Help: Sticky Messages on Home Screen, Dimension Today Theme

Advertisement

Hi all,

I'm having an interesting issue of SMS messages getting "stuck" on my home screen under the Messages section of my BB Dimension Today theme. When I receive an SMS text message, normally it is displayed briefly underneath Messages (on my Home Screen) until I read it, but today, the majority of my messages are sticking even though I have already opened them and read them. I tried Mark Prior Opened, and actually even when I Delete Prior, those messages stay even though my SMS inbox is completely empty! I also tried some battery pulls and theme changes to no avail.

Currently, my only workaround is to go into the General Options of the Messaging folder and change the "SMS and Email Inboxes" option from combined back to separate and back; this seems to reset my Home screen.

I had this happen once or twice over the last few weeks, it happened once yesterday and today it has happened to about 3-4 text messages already (out of ~15 received). I'm worried that something may be happening to the file system of my blackberry? It's an 8800 and I have only been using it for about 3 weeks.

Thanks for the help and let me know if you need any more info or clarification,
    ploo

Re: Help: Sticky Messages on Home Screen, Dimension Today Theme

Nobody has ever had this issue? Should I call RIM?

ploo

moonpie23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2402DDDB

Ive had this same issue happen 2 or 3 times in the 1 month I've owned my pearl. Battery pulls have always worked though for me. I would love to know why and how it happens also. It is annoying. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ArgonNJ no está en línea Stack level 2

I had this issue when I received SMS messages while the phone was in keyboard lock. Battery pull was the only thing that cleared it (BB really needs a reset button, as pulling battery is a pain in the ***). I have since given up on the today screen as it is not very usefull anyway.

My easiest fix so far is to go into Message Options, General Options, and change SMS and email to separate then combined boxes (toggle it back and forth). I still find the theme useful though I would prefer Today Plus like the pearl which adds 5 icons at the bottom of the quick displays. Ploo ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I noticed today that the messages that stick are from the senders with the longest histories. I wonder if there is some sort of 'critical mass' that triggers this bug, are there no more experienced experts out there who have experience with this problem?

My 8800 also never discards the voicemail icon even after voicemails have been cleared and AT&T has agreed that it needs to be replaced. I wonder if it's related at all?

Any help in resolving the issue would be greatly appreciated!

PIN/ID
    2402DDDB

bump on the SMS messages being stuck...Can anyone offer some insight as to why this is happening? Is it a certain theme?

k4mjk no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    -

it happens to me also bb8830/sprint

PIN/ID
    2402DDDB

ploo,
    Thanks for the workaround with changing the way themes controlls messages. That is easier and quicker than a battery pull. I would still love to know why it is doing that.

Any stackers know what causes sticky messages...I am using the today plus theme...

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Does it to me and someone else was reporting it today. Annoying. And I offer no fix

redmoon no está en línea Stack level 2

This has happened on all three of my Curves.
    I spoke to tech support and they say its a known bug by RIM. They will fix in the next OS update

Till then a simple reboot works for me