Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

The 8800 doesn't come with BBMaps. Nothing I read before the launch said it would. ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

BBWrangler no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219DFD90

Re: Help! No Blackberry Maps

Advertisement

The 8800 doesn't come with BBMaps. Nothing I read before the launch said it would.
    They said it had GPS capability, but did not specify that software for that function would be available. I'm fairly certain their legal dept made sure of that once they were advised that BB Maps would not be made available upon launch. No lawsuit material there at all.

What I did see was lots of info from TeleNav saying they supported the GPS in the 8800.

TeleNav was one of a handful of 3rd party vendors present at the launch for the 8800 I attended. My guess is, like pretty much every vendor RIM deals with, they cut a deal to have the TeleNav icon show up on every 8800 sold, probably for the first few months. This gives TeleNav an easy in for new subscribers, and RIM gets more time to tweak BBMaps so it works better on the 8800.

If you were told BB Maps would be available, whoever told you that was misinformed.
    It might be at some point, but then again, they might not bother with it at all if TeleNav offers a better solution, which from what I've seen so far, it does. BBMaps is ok, and it does launch faster than TeleNav, but TeleNav blows it away feature-wise.

But if you're annoyed because it's not free, download BBMaps from one of the links in this or one of the 3 other threads.
    It doesn't record video. Get over it.

DanMan no está en línea Stack level 1

I was able to download the bbmaps application from the blackberry8800.com site, but the app is constantly searching for satellites. Any ideas? I can get my position under the Options/GPS menu.

Can anyone explain the icons on the dashboard of BB Maps?

Quote Originally Posted by cookcrack
    http://www.knology.net/~acidmax/blackberry/maps.jad

works fine for me on the 8800 w/ gps. gl.
    Thanks.

imyopusha31 no está en línea Stack level 2

a bit of a lag at times....but otherwiseworks like a beauty. but then again...the lag just sorta kills it while driving.....found it useful though walkin thru DT S.F.!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234