reason being my phone (8800) is a personal one. i had the BIS service when ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

kwame no está en línea Stack level 2

help! i do not have a BIS or BES Service

Advertisement

reason being my phone (8800) is a personal one. i had the BIS service when i got the phone but some months ago called my provider (Orange UK) to remove it as i had no need for the push/pull email services and the charges that incurred. i just opted for a straight up data plan instead and use opera mini for web browsing and checking my gmail.

however i have now reliased this has hindered me in installing applications, as many will only install via the blackberry browser which i can't use cos of lack of service book. therefore i guess my question is is there any way round this?

also i have some offline webpages (.htm form) from an application i use on the pc that i would like to view on my 8800. what viewers are there that might let me facilitate this task, that don't have to be installed via the blackberry browser? or is it a case i am gonna have to bite the bullet and get the BIS Service put back on?

thanks in advance.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Re: help! i do not have a BIS or BES Service

SOme Programs can be downloaded to PC, and then installed using the DTM and Apploader. But anything you are trying to get OTA will require the BB Browser. Even if you try to save a Picture form Opera will prompt for BB Browser forthe DL. So loading from PC what you can is the only Out. I hope this helps
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")