Results 1 to 10 of 10

My 8830 bb fell on the ground while I was charging it and I noticed ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

  1. #1
    Souless's Avatar
    Souless no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    19

    HELP! Hardware Problem

    Advertisement



    My 8830 bb fell on the ground while I was charging it and I noticed that it stopped charging because the thingy in the bb used for charging became loose. I tried another charger and it still didn't work, so I definitely know it's the bb.
    Can someone tell me how to tighten it, I want to try and see if I can get it to work before taking it to the store as I don't have insurance on it.
    Thanks.

  2. #2
    KalebsDad78's Avatar
    KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Posts
    2,044

    Re: HELP! Hardware Problem

    I don't know if "tightening" is possible. It is probably a saudering issue. Someone who has actually taken one apart will come along soon, I'm sure, and give you an exact answer.

    I did this on my 7130 and I had to have it replaced.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

  3. #3
    Souless's Avatar
    Souless no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    19

    Re: HELP! Hardware Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78 View Post
    I don't know if "tightening" is possible. It is probably a saudering issue. Someone who has actually taken one apart will come along soon, I'm sure, and give you an exact answer.

    I did this on my 7130 and I had to have it replaced.


    Thanks, I am so not looking forward to getting a new one as I got this less than 4 months ago.

  4. #4
    jeffallen8's Avatar
    jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Posts
    1,734

    Re: HELP! Hardware Problem

    Souless take a look into you scoket on your blackberry and see if the black bar holding the pins together is cracked or chipped or broken

  5. #5
    jeffallen8's Avatar
    jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Posts
    1,734

    Re: HELP! Hardware Problem

    here is a picture
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #6
    DCookSta's Avatar
    DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Posts
    2,331

    Re: HELP! Hardware Problem

    Charging port probably has some broken pins or solder points. The BB charging port is most likely toast unless you can solder it.

  7. #7
    Souless's Avatar
    Souless no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    19

    Re: HELP! Hardware Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffallen8 View Post
    here is a picture
    I'll open it and see. Thanks.

  8. #8
    Souless's Avatar
    Souless no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    19

    Re: HELP! Hardware Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by DCookSta View Post
    Charging port probably has some broken pins or solder points. The BB charging port is most likely toast unless you can solder it.

    How do I get the solder gun?

  9. #9
    DCookSta's Avatar
    DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Posts
    2,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Souless View Post
    How do I get the solder gun?
    Any hardware store should have one. Be sure to get one with a fine tip. I'm sure the solder points are small. If you're skilled I would give it a try, but if don't have a gun already I'd practice first.

  10. #10
    Souless's Avatar
    Souless no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    19

    Re: HELP! Hardware Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by DCookSta View Post
    Any hardware store should have one. Be sure to get one with a fine tip. I'm sure the solder points are small. If you're skilled I would give it a try, but if don't have a gun already I'd practice first.
    Thanks, I'll do that tomorrow.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •