Hi, I just bought BB8800! I can't disable password protection! There is no option to ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

choi4096 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    205931D4

Help!! Can't disable password lock!!

Advertisement

Hi,
    I just bought BB8800! I can't disable password protection! There is no option to disable it (Options, Security Options, General Settings). I only see change password option, etc.. I see a little red padlock beside the worh "Enable".. what does that mean?!

Please help, I don't want this option enables 'cause I find it annoying to keep on entering passwords just to check my phone (8800) messages! Grrrr! Help please! What do I do??

Please someone reply, please!

jestar15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    400DD044

Re: Help!! Can't disable password lock!!

If you bought the BB used, it's possible that it was once on a BES. I would contact the person you bought it from and let them know they need to contact their BES Admin and have the BB removed from the server and the IT Policies revoked. If you bought it new, I would return it for another one while there's still a 'no questions asked' policy in place.

budbundy2001 no está en línea Stack level 2

Also since you bought the phone used it may be from a Launch Party where RIM was giving the phone away for free. If that's the case then you will always have to enter a password. Just make the password like all four of the same letter; 4 G's for example. That shouldn't be that much of a big deal entering the password.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Search for IT policy removal. There are instructions on how to do this.