Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

thank you soooooo much ncc1701p can finally read korean... on my 8830 world edition for ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

johndkim no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Help! Cannot Read Korean anymore

Advertisement

thank you soooooo much ncc1701p
    can finally read korean... on my 8830 world edition for verizon...

now if we can figure out a way to input in korean...

xcrskim no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32B6C256

hey can someone also please send me the link ?

xcrskim@gmail.com

thank you soo much !

tessitori no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by juheenuna View Post
    Hello, fellow stackers,

I just replaced my old 8730e with 8830 (verizon), and now I cannot read Korean anymore.
    Lucky you, I was never able to read Korean! Just joking!

jcr910 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello,

I hope you can help me. I am trying to help a friend with her new BB8830 (verizon) phone she just purchased yesterday. how do we add chinese language, where do we go get the chinese install file and instruction? We try to ask verizon tech support for help but they are clueless as though they never heard of chinese language, no one from verizon can help us.

zackt69 no está en línea Stack level 1

The file I used for Chinese, Japanese, and Korean language install was called CJK.alx. I installed the BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.2.2.321 (Chinese) software that ncc1701p recommended, but could not find japanese.alx, chinese.alx, etc in the folder he mentions in his above post. CJK.alx contains all of the asian languages - I was only looking for Japanese myself, and can now read Japanese email and Japanese websites.

ZorroZ no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32bedac8
    Quote Originally Posted by ncc1701p View Post
    I don't read korean on my unit but I do read Japanese. I had to reinstall my OS and I lost my ability to read Japanese.. But have you guys downloaded
    blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=36A16A2505369E0C922B6EA 7A23A56D2&dl=78566286ED3261D7A94D2BB094734EB9

Good luck!
    Are you all using Verizons 8830 unit ???
    I installed korean font along with Japanese/chinese via app loader (CJK.alx) ... after downloading the above file.
    I see encoding available under web browser... but not under option>lang>
    and it still doesnt work..on emails.... ;(
    any ideas???

shinlee no está en línea Stack level 1

korean input blackberry

I don't read korean on my unit but I do read Japanese. I had to reinstall my OS and I lost my ability to read Japanese.. But have you guys downloaded
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...4D2BB094734EB9

This is the Downloading BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.2.2.321 (Chinese)

When I uncompressed it.. I saw a Japanese.alx, Japanese.alx, Chinese.alx in the uncompressed directory of

C:\program files\common files\research in motion\Shared\Loader Files\8800-v4.2.1.108_P2.3.0.85

Use desktop manager to just install your asian language of choice and install and you might be able to read korean. Japanes worked for me which I was very relieved.. It doesnt show up in the options>Languages but If I were to receive Japanese emails I can read them as well as surf Japanese websites.

Good luck!

BraveIntrovert no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Searching for the Japanese.alx....

ncc1701p or anyone else...

I have installed the "BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.2.2.321" and I have uncompressed it (installed it) but I cannot find the "Japanese.alx" file in my directory. Up to this point in my directory, it is the same with what you have posted, but I don't see a "Shared" folder and thus I cannot locate the "Japanese.alx" file.

...any help would be truly appreciated.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...4D2BB094734EB9

This is the Downloading BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.2.2.321 (Chinese)

When I uncompressed it.. I saw a Japanese.alx, Japanese.alx, Chinese.alx in the uncompressed directory of

C:\program files\common files\research in motion\Shared\Loader Files\8800-v4.2.1.108_P2.3.0.85

Use desktop manager to just install your asian language of choice and install and you might be able to read korean. Japanes worked for me which I was very relieved.. It doesnt show up in the options>Languages but If I were to receive Japanese emails I can read them as well as surf Japanese websites.

Good luck!

seungchae no está en línea Stack level 1
    I've downloaded as ncc1701p suggested. but I don't see the language files. Please help. It would be great if someone could email me the files to kcm.john@gmail.com

Thanks.

Read Japanese for Pearl 8130 (Verizon)??

I looked at Verizon's site for handheld software and there is a download available for the 8130 model.

Is there any way I can get my pearl to read Japanese at all?

If somebody can send a copy of Japanese.alx, that would end my long trodden quest.

scarletst no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have a Pearl 8130, and while I have the Shared Files for an 8100 (including Japanese.alx, Chinese.alx, and Korean.alx), I can't figure out how to install them. If it's through Desktop Manager, is it the App Loader? Because using that I just get the error that 'No additional applications can be found for your device'

Anyone have a clue?

Can you send the "Japanese.alx" to my email address:
    braveintrovert@gmail.com

I would love to help you get set up with the installation. I figured out the problem of "no additional applications can be found". Have you been able to install other applications?

Thanks in advance.

bkhmd no está en línea Stack level 1
    I donloaded a korean.alx and got it to install with no problem. However there are so many errors in the translation. One font issue I found was the 고 is displayed as 그 Im not sure of any other issues but was told there may be other mistakes. Has anyone had these issues? bkhmd@zoominternet.net

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    I have the same problem on all my BB's.... I install OS's and I can't read Korean, Chinese, Japanese or Danish.

Oooops.... Maybe that is because I simply can't read anything but English and French.....

Sorry.... It had to be said.... :-)

I think you may have to physically install the language files through desktop manager. I see them all in there, unchecked of course.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

bkhmd no está en línea Stack level 1
    Upgraded to .77 and was able to get korean fonts to work Thans to all that posted here.

Brian

8330 verizon

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast