ok, this is driving me nuts and I didnt call ATT on time their Cs ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

cabron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2466A9E4

Help BIS only works when on WIFI

Advertisement

ok, this is driving me nuts and I didnt call ATT on time their Cs dept is closed.
    Im on BIS with an 8820 AT&T my OS is 4.2.179 and i have already tried re-sending service books and have re-setted my bb with alan penner;s soft reset application.
    I checked and my APN settings are correct:
    apn:wap.cingular
    username: wap@cingulargprs.com
    password:********* ( havent touched it but my guess its cingular1 as it should be.)
    I first noticed something wrong yesterday, I wasnt getting my emails, and couldnt chat on bb messenger,but this only happened while I was away from work/home.
    I have WIFI at home and at work and so my BB immediately goes to wifi when I am at either place.
    Whenever I am not at home/work, I CAN make phone calls, browse trough media net and use other apps wich probably run via wap ??
    But no emails, and no bb messenger.........untill i get home/work and THEN all emails/messages sytart coming in.......
    Any ideas anyone?

organic_matter no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Help BIS only works when on WIFI

did you do a hard reset, sometime that cleans the mem. a little better than the program. And while your at it go ahead and pull your sim to...

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Bis has been down across the country all day, and parts of yesterday. There are posts in other sections on the stacks where it seems LA and AT$T are really getting hit hard with BIS problems today and there is nothing the enduser can do. It started out on RIM's side apparently. I think I saw the thread in either the AT$T forum or inder the Email BIS forum.

cabron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2466A9E4

Ohhhh crap so that's what it is I guess, funny I already heard of yesterday's bis issues but i didn't think it could be bis today because I get a bis connection while on wifi....
    Thanks squakr
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~