First off im new to this board. Well, ive been considering getting a Blackberry 8800 ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

shrimpy6313 no está en línea Stack level 1

Help.

Advertisement

First off im new to this board. Well, ive been considering getting a Blackberry 8800 or a T-mobile Wing. Which one is better, I really want the Blackberry more, but what are the pros and cons for it? Can you change the screen interface, since it really looks old, also how is the web browser on the Blackberry. Thanks for the help.
    =)

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: Help.

blackberry is very stable, reliable and very customizable. the wing which is WM is not very stable.

your best bet is to go to a tmobile store and play around with both.

also consider the 8320 with wifi

I like the Curve too, but I just dont like how it looks. Hows the web browser on Blackberries?

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3

I'd say that the web browser is just as good, if not better than Pocket IE. You can always download Opera Mini as an alternative. The thing I don't like about my 8830 is that I cannot stream Sirius or XM where as applications exist for the WM platform. So I just drag my laptop to work, teather it to my BB, and listen to it that way. A positive is that my phone stays charged all day.

I came from using PDAs and knew I wanted a PDA phone, took the Sprint Mogul and HATED it. I also had a Motorola Q and never thought I would like a SmartPhone due to the lack of the touch interface, but I got over that very quickly. If you like to be able to use the phone one handed, while driving, etc, the Blackberry is definately the way to go. The user interface easier to navigate and the phone doesn't have to be rebooted numerous times throughout the day. I've got a few people on my Blackberry Messenger and I can't live without it now. I don't even use text messages anymore.
    Last edited by tavella81; 01-03-2008 at 08:27 PM.

Can you download an AIM application to the blackberry, and can you change the screen interface, like the background? Since like i hate how the blackberry background looks like, its all plain and white.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

You can do a world of things with the BB. Check around the forums and you'll see
    Tons of info and cool downloads here. I think your choice to go with a BB will be met with NO regrets
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

I really do want the Blackberry 8800, I love the design, the monthly blackberry plan also isnt very expensive which is really good. Is the keyboard easy to use, ive been reading on review sites that its kinda hard.
    =D