Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What are the options we have, to be able to listen to the music that ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

chefj no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23f2e003

Head phone options for 8800 ?

Advertisement

What are the options we have, to be able to listen to the music that we load up on our 8800's ( as far as headphones). I would like to take it to the gym. I have gotten rid of my Ipod and become a multi tasker with my BB. I would like to be able to have a wireless option but from what i little i have found in the archives on this matter i am stumped.

I have looked and the BB does not support the things like the Jabra BT620 so is there anything else out there?

Thanks

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Head phone options for 8800 ?

nope sorry to say media playback is not covered in BB BT.
    we all keep wishin
    your only hope is wired headphones for media
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

PIN/ID
    23f2e003

That is what i thought but wanted to hear it from someone else first. thanks....

Is there a wired option that is out there that wont include an add on adapter due to the size of the female socket on the 8800?

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

if it's the same as the pearl, I would assume so, I picked some up at circuit city for around 25? bucks.
    can't say model # threw away the packaging, they are blue and silver say verizon and are stereo and have a mic and a pause button, they work very well
    hope this helps
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

drjman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204C49B7

Seidio has a nice 2.5mm adapter with a self-winding extension cord. I forget what it costs...but also has the phone button.

MrBl@ckberry no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F77EF3

i have the blackberry 8800 as well and i went to my local best buy electronic store and in the cellular phone department i found a adapter so that i could hook up any headphones with a standard 3.5mm jack wich most headphones have i wish they would have made a standard 3.5mm input instead of the mini 2.5mm

drjman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204C49B7

Found it...a little steep I couldn't figure out if it was $29.99 or $34.95....But they do have several options, including one with just the short adapter I think at $9.85. There are some with headphones included as well.

Retractible with phone answering/talk button/microphone....:
    http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=507

Simple connector 2.5mm-->3.5mm (standard), short cord:
    http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=529

swtrainer no está en línea Stack level 2

I bought a 2.5mm stereo headphone set (Motorola HD 120) on eBay that has an inline mic (similar to the OEM wired headset that came with my BlackBerry Pearl). It is made by Motorola and works great - music automatically pauses when a call comes in - resumes playing when the call ends, works with Pearl's voice dial feature, etc. With shipping and all, under $20. No adapter needed.
    Last edited by swtrainer; 04-14-2007 at 04:04 PM.

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I thought the tmobile and cingular site had one (corded) for the 8100. It will work for the 8800 also. They ran about 15usd.
    Kyocera also makes one that is sold at bestbuy. Works great
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

wordthenerd Guest

I'm glad you started this thread. I've been curious as to where I could find a fully operable stereo headset for my device.

I'll be visiting Best Buy and Circuit City ASAP.

PIN/ID
    23f2e003

UPDATE - I went to Best Buy and found a body glove head set for around $30- comes with 3 colors of ear loops so i can color coordinate with my gym cloths for the day (just kidding). It is a 2.5mm jack but also comes with a 3.5 adaptur ( gotta love a multi tasker). They are a nice fit though and the actual ear piece is form fitting for the inner ear. Overall i think i will be happy with them.

As far as the money i saved by not buying a Blue thooth head set, I went and bought the Jaw bone.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

I personally prefer my Etymotic ER6i's so I use Seidio's audio adapter. If you have a set that you prefer I definitely recommend Seidio's adapter.

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Thanks for the recommendation takeshi, I'll defintely check out Seidio's adaptor. I'm using a cheap little adaptor now and it sucks, it's super touchy, you have to have it inserted just right to get it to work. Sounds like Seidio's will give me better results.

dugknight no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23CFF607

I am trying to use my noise cancelling headphones with an adapter just like the adapter in the url above.

Nothing happens when I plug it in, the sound just continues to come out of the phone's speaker. Do I have to do anything, change any settings? Thanks!

capitalist no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FA5CD0

I have the Jawbone noise cancelling device. It works great on the BB 8800. But kind of pricey.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast