I have a Verizon 8830. When I add a ringtone to it, and then set ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Gunjinn no está en línea Stack level 2

Has anyone noticed this?

Advertisement

I have a Verizon 8830. When I add a ringtone to it, and then set my profile to use that ringtone, for some reason, at random, the ringtone changes to another one. I tried battery pulls etc. No change.

While I have only had this BB for 2 weeks, I have been carrying various BB's over the years and I am fairly comfortable using and tweaking them.

Whats the difference between phone tune and ring tone? I added an .mp3 file file and it asked me if I wanted it to be a phone tune. I checked yes. Then I selected it as a phone ring tone for ONE address book entry only and it changed the ringtone in the profile.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    You can never have too much gas, unless you are on fire.

jvduval no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Has anyone noticed this?

I have the same phone, I had this problem as well
    -------
    Oops, hit post too fast...lol, when I upgraded to the lastest OS the problem went away....
    Last edited by jvduval; 01-11-2008 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Automerged.

Gunjinn no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Has anyone noticed this?

I returned my 1st one after a CSR replicated the problem on his BB and couldn't explain it. I was hoping that I was doing something wrong but he suggested that it be replaced. Maybe someone knows if there is a ticket for this on RIM.
    You can never have too much gas, unless you are on fire.