and added it to the 8800? also is there a way to get all of ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C

has anyone ever taken the 8300 media player

Advertisement

and added it to the 8800?

also is there a way to get all of the 8300's bluetooth functionality on the 8800? is there something im missing?

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: has anyone ever taken the 8300 media player

I had the AT&T 8300 and now have the VZW 8830, the media player looks the same to me. Are they different? As for BT, Verizon cripples it a little but I can send and receive files on the 8830. I have friends on Verizon with bluetooth phones (non-BB) that can only connect a headset, no file exchanges possible.

PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C

yea i was wrong the actual media player does look the same, the part where you press play adjust volume and all, but the media browser does not

on the 8800 it is folder based with big folder icons which the user navigates thru to find music.

on the 8300 its set up more "like an ipod" and grouped by artist, album etc., it is no longer folder based but is a black screen with white letters, ill post a screenie in a sec.

btw thanks for replying

PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C

also verizon is notorious for crippling hardware. i think thats shady business but thats just my opinion. the reason theyre crippled that way is to prevent the user from using DUN to get online, also to prevent bluetooth file transfers, obex opp etc

check this out

basically when verizon put the v710 out they had labels on the marketing media that claimed bluetooth capabilities, however the labels, verizon,reps, and everything else, failed to mention it was only bt headset profile and not push or exchange
    Last edited by offthahorseceo; 12-30-2007 at 01:59 PM.