I really hated the 8700R keyboard, the 7290 was the best, the 8703E, while one ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

gbillings no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    301603FD

Has anyone actually held a unit in their hand?

Advertisement

I really hated the 8700R keyboard, the 7290 was the best, the 8703E, while one might think it's the same as the 8700r, it's not. I was actually going to switch carriers to get the 8703 until my carrier (Rogers) caved in and gave me the pearl at the ugprade price.

So, has anyone actually held the unit and if so, can you offer any insight on the keyboard? It appears to use the same kind of keys found on the 8100 but I don't know if that's a good thing for a qwerty device. I'd prefer something with more space between the keys - like the 7290.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Has anyone actually held a unit in their hand?

which BB are you refering too? 8100?
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

The keys on the 8800 are actually very nice. IMO the nicest keys/most comfortable keys yet on a BB
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

lesawag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

I still prefer my 8703e, tried the others, but for me 8703 was the most comfortable fit. Allthough the options on the pearl outweigh the 8703, I still prefer the over all ease of use heck its taken me forever to figure out the basics on this..I think the pearl could poss.be smarter than I am

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~8700g for me is the best, I didn't like how the pearl's key pad feels.

gbillings no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    301603FD

To answer a reply. I have an 8100 and I have another hardware upgrade coming in March/April which I planned to use for the first HSDPA device and as it turns out, the 8800 will be around that time as well.

I was mostly curious to see if anyone has actually used the keyboard and it appears at least one person has.

I have big thumbs and I really like the spacing of the 7290. I can get along with the pearls' keyboard, I just don't like suretype in general - I want a full keyboard.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Obviously its not as spaced as a 7290, but it is easy and comfortable to use. Doubt u will have any issues with it.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

miles_troope no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by gbillings
    To answer a reply. I have an 8100 and I have another hardware upgrade coming in March/April which I planned to use for the first HSDPA device and as it turns out, the 8800 will be around that time as well.

I was mostly curious to see if anyone has actually used the keyboard and it appears at least one person has.

I have big thumbs and I really like the spacing of the 7290. I can get along with the pearls' keyboard, I just don't like suretype in general - I want a full keyboard.
    I haven't found a keyb as good as my 7230 yet, but the 8800 i had yesterday was pretty easy to type on. the keyboard spacing is fairly compact as per the 8700 but the keys are nicely raised so it's not hard to hit the right one.