Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks to everyone for your help. I still have no luck with this. I tried ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

ben8820 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Hard Reset of 8820 when locked

Advertisement

Thanks to everyone for your help. I still have no luck with this. I tried an app which Blackberry8800 sent called BBStream, however it only outputs the device display to the PC, does not allow data flow from the PC to the device. Anyone know of an app that does do this?

shayind4 no está en línea Stack level 2

Hi, try this.... Option, Security option, General settings then click on wipe handheld. I think you may need another 8820 bb handset to guide you on what to click on ( blind, i guess). Good luck.

shayind4 no está en línea Stack level 2

Sorry, your handset is locked. ? use switch device wizard of BDM.

iniadan no está en línea Stack level 1

We are having exactly the same problem. We cannot explain how the Blackberry 8820 (also from Orange in the UK) has suddenly set itself into Arabic.

If we could get the password wrong 10 times we could wipe it but we can't get it to accept the response to "Enter 'blackberry' to continue". i.e. we type blackberry on the keyboard, Arabic symbols appear as we type but the result is not accepted.

Incidentally we tried typing blackberry backwards since Arabic is a right-to-left language but that didn't work either.

Did anyone get a fix for this? Orange are not being very helpful.

Bloody frustrating isnt it. Orange can't unlock it from the network. I contacted RIM direct, they referred me to their tech department that deals with Enterprise server so they couldn't help.

Its funny that on this they can't help you but if you accidentally dropped the phone and it won't power on anymore, they would send you a replacement...

Our support people found a resolution for this - they used the javaloader to reinstall the Blackberry's operating system. They were able to download the version of the operating system for Orange UK.

Let me know if you're still struggling and I'll post the links to the downloads.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

you can unlock using the desktop manager with device plugged via USB. Enter the password if you it.

Then from the applications list within desktop manager remove all languages except english for now.

Downloads of the OS for your carrier are at the Blackberry main website:

Support->Downloads->Device and Desktop Software->Access your service provider download site

Then choose your carrier.

I would like to thank everyone for helping me with this one. In the end, I didn't need to "break" or "lose" the blackberry in order to get a new one. Hayden's suggestion worked with the utmost ease.
    Hayden, I don't know who you are or how to thank you, but your help is so very much appreciated.
    All the best.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12