so i jus unlocked my at&t bb 8820 so i can use it with my ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

idublin no está en línea Stack level 1

gps trouble

Advertisement

so i jus unlocked my at&t bb 8820 so i can use it with my tmobile sim. I added bb to my plan but the gps info is still at&t. Does anyone know the tmobile apn configure so i can use the gps... thanks!! =)

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Att tries to block it you have to edit one of the files for it to work sorry am on the road but hopefully some one will post a link to guide u how to edit that ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ineedspeed no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24270d4c
    Quote Originally Posted by idublin View Post
    so i jus unlocked my at&t bb 8820 so i can use it with my tmobile sim. I added bb to my plan but the gps info is still at&t. Does anyone know the tmobile apn configure so i can use the gps... thanks!! =)
    If you are referring to the APN then it is wap.voicestream.com

Unlike Cingular/AT&T, Tmobile does not use a username and password. Those two fields you have to leave blank.

thanks.. that worked but now its asking for my username which they put as my number and and pin.. i entered any numbers but its saying i have to sign up... so this isn't free??

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Quote Originally Posted by idublin View Post
    thanks.. that worked but now its asking for my username which they put as my number and and pin.. i entered any numbers but its saying i have to sign up... so this isn't free??

If you have a Data plan with TMO is should be as long as you are using BB Maps. any other service Like Telenav does cost
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

thanks!!

ineedspeed no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24270d4c
    If you are using Telenav then its definitley a pay service. If you want free turn by turn on your 8820 then Nav4all is a good choice. I used it on my 8820 with decent results. If you want something more polished it will cost. The one I paid for is Mapquest. $50 for one year and it works great with turn by turn and it even tells you the names of the streets.

Please provide more detail if you need more help. Is it a particular program that is prompting for a username and password?