I like seeing where I'm located on Google Maps but is there a way I ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

thegallery no está en línea Stack level 2

GPS Locator ?

Advertisement

I like seeing where I'm located on Google Maps but is there a way I can automatically send this info to someone else?

I mountain bike most nights and sometimes I get carried away and stay out for hours. I carry the phone but don't often want to stop for a call, yet sometimes people want to check where I am, and my one friend wants to make sure I'm not 'lost'.

Short of buying an expensive and separate GPS locater system it would be great to be able to periodically, say ever 5 minutes, send out an email with the current location. Even better would be for them to check progress at any moment.

Any ideas on this one? thanks.

josephcaraccio no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31a987a7
    I am fairly sure there is no BB program that will automatically e-mail your location every 5 minutes or allow people to check your progress. There is an application that allows bb users to see other bb users' location as long as both parties have the application. The application is called Blip here is an article about it.
    http://www.bbgeeks.com/blackberry-ap...network-88265/

thegallery no está en línea Stack level 2
    blip is interesting. Thanks!

I don't' want to have to purchase an expensive locater with monthly service when I sorta already have one! I might have to start writing some software!

DevourU no está en línea Stack level 2
    Try instamapper.com. Works great for me.

-JS

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    There is something along that line in the GPS section of the forums. I have seen it and not played with it yet.

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB
    There's a lot of these web tracking gps apps out there now (I only remember because I am not interested in any of this type).

Here's one you might try, one of the first gps apps out there:

http://blackberrytracker.com/
    -Klotar
    Supervising Manager of the Department of Redundancy Department.

tessitori no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Klotar View Post
    There's a lot of these web tracking gps apps out there now (I only remember because I am not interested in any of this type).

I just downloaded it and I cannot upgrade my device on their site! Anyone using this application that might be able to help?

josephcaraccio no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31a987a7

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Klotar View Post

Thanks I don't know what use I would have for this app but it is a really cool idea. Unfortunately the app can't seem to find my location, ever. You get what you pay for and a free gps tracker just doesn't work as well.