Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by portystylz thats weird because when i called them and told them i ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: got no browser need help plzzzzzz

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by portystylz
    thats weird because when i called them and told them i had a unlocked blackbaerry they told me to enter this in sumwhere but i dont know where lol
    apn:wap.fido.ca
    ip 205.151.011.011
    wap home page http://wap.fido.ca
    user name fido
    pass fido
    which to me made it seem like i could use it?
    You don't need to enter anything on a Blackberry. Configuration and deployment of the browser icon is handled via the service books. You must have a Blackberry data plan in order to receive the service books and to access the Blackberry APN's. No Blackberry data plan means no web browsing, no email and no internet access. That's it.

br0nx finest no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: got no browser need help plzzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by amwall2
    If the device from ebay has an IT policy set on it, then it may be preventing the browser. Companies that use BlackBerry Enterprise Servers set up IT policies and my company has one set up that only allows the BlackBerry Browser. If we try to get rid of those devices: donate, sell, etc...we cannot do so because right now there is not a good way to get rid of IT Policy's. The way to check to see if there is a policy is to go to Options, Security - at the bottom of the screen it will show IT Policy Name: and if there is one, it will be listed

We have suggested to RIM many times to have some override of this IT Policy to set it back to the default, but so far nothing.
    Actually, if you follow the walkthrough posted here on the stack, you can remove them one by one. Real simple, takes less than 15mins..even for a newbie to Crackberries like myself

Search up: remove IT policy (since I can't post links)

chantal5303 no está en línea Stack level 1

got no browser need help plzzzzzz

I don't have IT policy listed on my phone 8700c.I want the internet browser to work.How do I do that. Plz help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12