Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Good question tdawg. I'm not. I've been outside numerous times. The only other thing I ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Amahk no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242B3987

Re: Got My 8800 Today!

Advertisement

Good question tdawg. I'm not. I've been outside numerous times. The only other thing I could think of was that there was considerable cloud cover in Atlanta today. However last night I had the same problem and I am pretty sure it was 'clear skies'. I'm currently doing a full wipe on my device to see if this fixes the problem.

trollicus no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2463D44A

tdawg - the reading I got was from inside my house for what its worth.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Went to Cingular yesterday and bought two.

One for me, and one for a friend who could not get to the store.

Long story short, it ended up that he did not want it. So I thought I would put it on ebay just to see what happens. I rarely sell on ebay, usually just buy a few things that I cannot find elsewhere.

I listed the 8800 with four nice pictures. The unit as new in the box, then one of the front, the back and the side. I listed it with a "buy it now" price of $999.00 just to see what would happen.

It sold in 25 minutes! Unbelieveable! It never ceases to amaze me what people will do.

As far as mine is concerned, it's a very nice unit and I'm taking a few days to evaluate it.

Cheers...

Paperboy2007 no está en línea Stack level 3

ha...nice profit...hopefully the person pays (if they haven't already)

PIN/ID
    2463D44A

Nice job Archer!

As for the GPS, I downloaded BB Maps from the link in the other thread and it loaded up and works great. I'm in the office now but when I selected the "start gps" option (I had to zoom in closer first, and I typed in my company's address to show the current location) it showed me moving around my office from around 3-5mph. Once I get on the road I'll have to try it and see how that affects it.

PIN/ID
    2463D44A

I was able to dowload bb maps from a link in the gps separate fee thread. Google maps was available on a blackberryforums.com thread as well.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tdeshetler no está en línea Stack level 1

I called around to all the Dallas stores and found one left!

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by akg
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~So what is really the difference between that and the 8100? I just got my pearl and thought I may upgrade for GPS and wi-fi, but it doesn't sound like the GPS is even all that great. I don't care about the full keyboard that much; typing on the pearl actually is pretty fast and it has the benefit of being really small. Does the 8800 even have a camera with Cingular? I've seen plenty of conflicting posts on this.
    Specs are avaialble at Blackberry.com and there's even a comparison tool to allow to compare features side-by-side. The 8800 is, in a nutshell the full qwerty Pearl without camera (so don't expect it to be an "upgrade" -- it's not meant to be). Camera will not be on the 8800 -- it will be on the 8820. Cingular did not disable GPS. WiFi isn't included in Cingular's 8800 but is rumored to be in TMO's.

PIN/ID
    2463D44A

Congrats tdeshetler, I hope you enjoy it as much as some of the others have.

I'm very happy with mine, but it is my first Blackberry. I'm not sure if I enjoy it because it is a BB, or because of the phone quality. On the same level of thought, I really didn't like the pearl, but only due to the missing QWERTY.

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

I know its been said but ONLY $50 FOR YOUR PEARL! OUCH!
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234