Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by winste Would it be possible that Cingular has the GPS disabled unless ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

trollicus no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2463D44A

Re: Got My 8800 Today!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by winste
    Would it be possible that Cingular has the GPS disabled unless you sign up for Telenav?

I've been waiting to see the 8800 before buying my first BB and the GPS was the reason I was waiting for the 8800 vs. the 8100. Being an inexperienced user, I may be completely off-base.
    After I got my BES figured out, I could see GPS on my 8800. I went to options, then advanced options, then GPS. Blackberry Maps however is a different story. When I tried to go and download it from RIM manually, it said my device was not compatible and that only 4.1 devices were.

PIN/ID
    2463D44A

Quote Originally Posted by palmtreepimp
    the gps is in the settings, then advanced settings, i love it so far but having problems loading music, any one can help????
    I also loaded some MP3 ringtones (I'm assuming that is what you mean by loading Music.)

From the desktop manager I simply go into Media Manager, then navigate to the proper folders on my 8800 and my computer and transfer files using the arrows.

PIN/ID
    2463D44A

Quote Originally Posted by Amahk
    Yea I took a drive just now and it didn't seem to be working at all.
    I'm hoping the satellites aren't activated till Wednesday. Either that or I don't know how to use it lol
    My thought is that the GPS is similar to one of my old nextel phones where it works only if you have a GPS program on the phone unless you manually refresh it.

I did it last night and it pinpointed me with 5 satellites to an accuracy of 9.0 meters. If I had a program like TeleNav, Blackberry Maps or something else similar then perhaps it would be able to read the data as provided and tell the GPS to update.

Amahk no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242B3987

Quote Originally Posted by trollicus
    My thought is that the GPS is similar to one of my old nextel phones where it works only if you have a GPS program on the phone unless you manually refresh it.

I did it last night and it pinpointed me with 5 satellites to an accuracy of 9.0 meters. If I had a program like TeleNav, Blackberry Maps or something else similar then perhaps it would be able to read the data as provided and tell the GPS to update.
    The only problem with that is i've tried to manually refresh and I've found 0 satellites each time. And I have BB maps installed. Hmmm

puckchump no está en línea Stack level 1

I got mine last night GPS refreshes fine but no blackberry maps and google maps do not work yet either. Other then that its awesome so far

PIN/ID
    2463D44A

I'm in the same baot as puckchump is. My question would be that of how Amhak got BB maps installed...
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    242B3987

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~oh there's a link in a thread on blackberryforums.com and even in these forums too: thread is called 8800 - will gps be a seperate fee?? It's posted by theBigNewt lower in the thread. Hope that helps.

I'm still trying to figure out why my GPS doesn't refresh in settings. What's the name of the GPS device you all have in settings? Is it called "Device GPS"

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~one question here... Did it come with a holster? Thanks

rtrott01 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Amahk
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~oh there's a link in a thread on blackberryforums.com and even in these forums too: thread is called 8800 - will gps be a seperate fee?? It's posted by theBigNewt lower in the thread. Hope that helps.

I'm still trying to figure out why my GPS doesn't refresh in settings. What's the name of the GPS device you all have in settings? Is it called "Device GPS"
    Yep - same boat here too. Got 7 satellites good to 7 meters. Will try to find that link to BB Maps....

rtrott01 no está en línea Stack level 1

Yep - comes with a quote 50 dollar holster...what rep said...it is nice though

PIN/ID
    242B3987

Hmmm I removed my Bluetooth Device and now nothing shows up in GPS Settings. It looks exactly as boygenius' pic did

Any ideas for me?

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

any pictures?

akg
    akg no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240EB50D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~So what is really the difference between that and the 8100? I just got my pearl and thought I may upgrade for GPS and wi-fi, but it doesn't sound like the GPS is even all that great. I don't care about the full keyboard that much; typing on the pearl actually is pretty fast and it has the benefit of being really small. Does the 8800 even have a camera with Cingular? I've seen plenty of conflicting posts on this.

benritmeyer no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~maybe try looking in settings and advanced options????

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Are you guys actually trying to get a GPS reading from the inside of your house???

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast