Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thats basically it. I'm just playing around with it right now, trying to figure out ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

trollicus no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2463D44A

Got My 8800 Today!

Advertisement

Thats basically it. I'm just playing around with it right now, trying to figure out some issues I'm having with BES.

I got it at the store in Novi, MI on Grand River Ave...traded in my pearl (company paid $50 for it) and they gave me the rebate up front. I ended up paying $200 plus taxes.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Got My 8800 Today!

Congrat Trollicus. Let us know how you like it. I'm interested to see how the GPS works.

PIN/ID
    2463D44A

Will do...I'm playing around with it right now but I'm not seeing anything with GPS. I think it is because my company's BES issues but I could be wrong. I've spent the whole day helping everyone in my office try and get theirs working and held out before doing mine.

I should mention that I just recieved my Pearl today and swapped it out after only a few hours once the local store said they had six 8800s available.

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

Lucky, can't wait to read your posts about your new 8800 device!!!!!

PIN/ID
    2463D44A

To Paul who PM'd me - I simply called the store and they told me that the 8800s just arrived today (literally minutes before) and that once the manager got them in the system then I would be able to stop by and pick it up. I showed up at 4pm and when I asked if others had inquired, they said not too many, and I was the first to get one and their test subject for getting the phone ready. Assuming I was the only one to go in buy one, there are five left at the Novi Store - East of Novi Rd, South side of Grand River next to FedEx Kinkos.

Hope this helps!

PS - I would have PM'd you back but I am unable to until I have 10 posts (I had 5 before this one)

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

LOL! I would have kept my Pearl and sold it on ebay for much more than 50$!

PIN/ID
    2463D44A

Haha thats funny that you mentioned that because after I left I thought the same exact thing. However, the only reason I got such a cheap price was because it was considered the "2 year upgrade price" since I just activated service with Cingular that morning and was within the 30 days. I'm almost 100% sure that they wouldn't let me have both phones for the discount

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Congrats! Do you love it or what?!?!?

PIN/ID
    2463D44A

Yes, although I'm having BES issues, but I'm sure I'll get it figured out somehow. I got it setup on everyone else's Pearl but am having problems with my own! Go figure...

abaqueen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PMme4it

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~congrats! You are Lucky to be one of the first.Enjoy!

tmo8700man no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D4738C

yep let us know if its worth the trade

abaqueen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PMme4it

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I won't qualify for an upgrade. I expect to pay about $500.Did you happen to catch the direct buy pricing?

paulsbb no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242C46E0

Thanks for the info. Appreciate the feedback. And looking forward to my upgrade in the morning from my 8700. We set up a sweet deal I have four phone number in my name and I set them up so I get an upgrade on the half year to cover the 2 year commitments. Works nicely have been able to keep up with the latest equipment.

Every want to BS about the BB pin me whenever 23dec2c3

- Paul

PIN/ID
    2463D44A

Unfortunately I didn't catch the price in store. The full upgrade price in store was $350 from what I was told, but it also would have a $50 MIR that they just applied to make it $300 because the forms weren't available. I can't explain why there is a $50 difference between what I paid for the phone and what it *should* have been other than human error on Cingular's end. Hope this helps somewhat. They didn't let me see their price chart, although it looked awfully similar to those I've seen floating around over the last few weeks on the web for what its worth.

PIN/ID
    2463D44A

Also, for those interested in MicroSD cards, Newegg (gotta love em) has a 2GB card for under $40. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...SubCategory=68

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast