Is it possible to get Google working on an AT&T BB 8820? It says it ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

richcee no está en línea Stack level 2

Google Search

Advertisement

Is it possible to get Google working on an AT&T BB 8820? It says it is only a WIFI application but I can't use it outside of my home. I notice that it works fine on my friends Tmobile BB. Any help? Thanks

cabron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2466A9E4
    The 8820 has 3 browsers, wifi, wap and bb browser (hispeed).

It also has a memory that remembers what browser you usewd last for each website.
    What is happening with your bb 8820 its that the last time you entered google you did so while in wifi.
    What you need to do is go into your browser options, set default for the bb browser and then point it to google.
    My 8820 was stolen e months ago and I can't remeber the steps exactly but it is as I say, trust me
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by richcee View Post
    Is it possible to get Google working on an AT&T BB 8820? It says it is only a WIFI application but I can't use it outside of my home. I notice that it works fine on my friends Tmobile BB. Any help? Thanks
    Yes it is possible, I have an 8820 and here is how to set it up.
    When you are _not_ connected to WiFi, launch the BB browser. Use the menu button and select Go To: then type in www.google.com
    Once you've done that Google will begin to load and detect the device as a BlackBerry and will automatically complete loading the google mobile version of their search engine. At that point before you use it, you can ad it to your bookmarks for future use. It's very fast and stable. I use it all the time. Likewise when you are using WiFi the same version will come up, just faster.

Also for clarification you do not have three browsers. You have just the one which when you highlight it says "browser" along the bottom of your display. This is the BB browser that is capable of operating at whatever speed it's being fed. EDGE, or WiFi, those are the only two speeds your BB is capable of delivering to it.

WAP stands for Wireless Application Protocol, it has nothing to do with speed, what it does is to reformat a web page from the large size that appears on your computer to a smaller size that can be displayed on a mobile device like your BlackBerry.

Hope this helps. Any other questions please ask.

Cheers

richcee no está en línea Stack level 2
    Just tried what you said and it works. Can't thank you enough!!

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by richcee View Post
    Just tried what you said and it works. Can't thank you enough!!
    Your Welcome, glad your happy.

via: Red BB 8310