Does anyone else have trouble trying to open their gmail using the gmail icon. We ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

drfred123 no está en línea Stack level 1

Gmail Icon won't open Gmail

Advertisement

Does anyone else have trouble trying to open their gmail using the gmail icon. We are a two 8830 fmaily and both of us have the same problem. When we press the icon for the gmail, nothing will happen and the BB will lock up for a few seconds. After trying several times to open it it will suddenly work and I can see my gmail. The next time I try to open it, the BB will lock up and nothing will happen for several seconds again till I can finally move the cursor again.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Gmail Icon won't open Gmail

Do your other applications work?

Yes I did a battery pull and a reinstall. Frustrating. Could another program be conflicting. Jusy have Viigo, pocketday and empower

Are forum members using the "gmail icon" and not having trouble as I described or are memebrs just using the BIS or BES method direct to their message folders to see their gmail

nateshiner no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have been having the same problem with my gmail app and google maps icons. The only thing that usually works is if I rapidly click the icon 4-5 times. But that can cause it to open suddenly and start going through the menu.

I have had two 8830s that both did this, and on both I tried the battery pull, deleting and reinstalling the programs, and even a hard reset. My only conclusion is that this is a program compatability issue with the 8830.

How would one report this to google I wonder. BB was not interested as they "do not support 3rd party applications."

mausland no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    319F4837
    Had this issue also after one of the OS upgrades. I deleted all of the Google apps. All of them, and reinstalled. This fixed the issue. Good luck.

BBBand Guy no está en línea Stack level 1

I had This problem too. I did a reinstall of the ap, then tried again w/ no luck. After messing around w/ it some, I found that if you always go to the menu and click "exit gmail" when you want to leave it will work properly. This is only after a fresh install.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

and if you forget to do that clicking the icon 5 times quickly will open it up also

stressless no está en línea Stack level 2

I have this same issue and the only fix I have found is suggested above...which is a rapid click.

jrok14 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3179870B

There is also the means of going to switch applications and then Gmail. this is how i access it....sucks it wont work by clickin on the icon...but it is a solution

stressless no está en línea Stack level 2

I have found since I been using 4.2.2.148 and the Gmail app...I have had no issues clicking the icon. I had to replace my 8830 recently since I couldn't make outgoing calls anymore on it???...but on that old phone I had 4.2.2.66

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I use the Gmail app as well as BIS, I mainly use the app to manually sync my inbox (mark all my messages as read and report the rare bit of Spam). I've never had a problem. I have an 8800, 4.2.1.90 OS on Optus (Australia). Matter of fact I haven't had any problems with Google apps. Yahoo Go! Is a bit watered down being outside the US (maps will show perth and my little gps dot, but I can't get directions or actually pinpoint an address like I can with Googlemaps).