I regularly have to divert or cancel telephone diverts using my BB phone. Rather than ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

raphaelsamad no está en línea Stack level 2

Generating a string of tones

Advertisement

I regularly have to divert or cancel telephone diverts using my BB phone. Rather than have to type in the numbers and symbols to set up or cancel divert is there any way to store the various tone strings and then call them up so that they play back and set up the required diverts.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Generating a string of tones

Create an address book entry with the needed sequence. Use , for a 2 second pause, or B (Break and wait) to wait and be prompted to continue.

When entering the number, hold down [Alt] to enter letters which will automatically be translated into the correct numbers, comma will appear as a little white P with a black background, and B will appear as a little white W with a black background.

I have my company's voicemail set up as an address book entry whose phone number is:
    +1 (800) 555-1212,,#1234,123456#
    When I call that entry, it dials the number, waits 4 seconds for the answer on the other end, hits # and my extension to get the system to ask for my voice mailbox password, then waits 2 seconds and enters my voice mailbox's password and I'm in.
    In my address book the number appears as:
    +1 (800) 555-1212PP#1234P123456#
    Very handy!
    Last edited by jdellasala; 08-17-2007 at 08:15 AM.
    JerryD

raphaelsamad no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Generating a string of tones

Thank you so much for your advice. I have now implemented your suggestion and it works perfectly.