Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by takeshi Um, that depends on your needs/wants. We're not psychic. nah i ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

q-biq no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Freeware / 8800.

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    Um, that depends on your needs/wants. We're not psychic.
    nah i understand that.. but hey what applications have you got installed on your blackberry then?

big.eds no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EAB890

Quote Originally Posted by ath2o
    "lxpaz Pin: 23f2131c13 Hours Ago, 06:30 PM You HAVE to get MapQuest Navigator for your GPS navigation. It gives turn by turn instructions like pay for programs. The link is:http://mqnav.telmap.com/mqota/client...3e/mqn.jadEven though it says it is for Sprint 8703 it works great on the 8800"

Do you know if Mapquest works on the Pearl with Cingular? If so do you have the OTA link?
    Thanks!

the 8700 version works on the pearl.....BUT.....screen size is definetly affected a i have an offset in the mail menu and every other screen...maybe i'll try the 7100 series version....see if it fits then.....BINGO!
    Last edited by big.eds; 04-04-2007 at 10:07 PM.

mickyminx no está en línea Stack level 1

HI all

I need a bit of help please with my bb8800 on o2 and mapquest

i have installed mapquest and when i run it, it gives me a network error, could anyone tell me what is wrong or what i need to do to correct the problem

thanks
    mm

yikes no está en línea Stack level 1

I've become a fan of Yahoo Go ( http://mobile.yahoo.com/go ). The maps tend to load faster than Google Maps (which are incredibly slow, even on EV-DO, what gives?), but Yahoo needs to clean up the GPS integration a bit more. The Flickr feed access is also nice, as is two-way sync with your Yahoo address book, a great feature for BIS users without OTA syncing.

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by lxpaz
    You HAVE to get MapQuest Navigator for your GPS navigation. It gives turn by turn instructions like pay for programs. The link is:

http://mqnav.telmap.com/mqota/client.../8703e/mqn.jad

Even though it says it is for Sprint 8703 it works great on the 8800.
    Excellent Tip! Finally one that talks for freeeeee!
    dcrin3.com
    One Second Coming
    1s-
    Tour - 9/6/9 | ~3pm

mac725 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by mickyminx
    HI all

I need a bit of help please with my bb8800 on o2 and mapquest

i have installed mapquest and when i run it, it gives me a network error, could anyone tell me what is wrong or what i need to do to correct the problem

thanks
    mm
    Check the permission for MapQuest on your BB - it defaults to deny for some reason - change to allow and it should work

philipeichor no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    just ask

i've been having fun with samecell, beyond 411,yahoo go,and opera mini. i found all the links really easy on google. these are all ota also.

gpc
    gpc no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by lxpaz
    You HAVE to get MapQuest Navigator for your GPS navigation. It gives turn by turn instructions like pay for programs. The link is:

http://mqnav.telmap.com/mqota/client.../8703e/mqn.jad

Even though it says it is for Sprint 8703 it works great on the 8800.
    Downloaded today and used a couple of times. Absolutely great. Much quicker and just as easy as google with voice directions that adjust as you make changes.

Now I just need to find a hands free mount for my truck. Any suggestions. Prefer one that also recharges while in the holder as I have a feeling that when in car I will be using mapquest and my audible at same time and will surely be eating some battery time.

Thanks.

bmedude no está en línea Stack level 2

Viigo is a great RSS reader as well. I cant go one day without using it, as well as Jivetalk and googlemaps. The gmail application is good to have as well in the event that the blackberry email servers are down.

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by bmedude
    Viigo is a great RSS reader as well. I cant go one day without using it, as well as Jivetalk and googlemaps. The gmail application is good to have as well in the event that the blackberry email servers are down.
    Yup - every day, among other things, I use Viigo and JiveTalk (and BBWeather) several times throughout the day.

agentofdarkness no está en línea Stack level 1

With the Google maps and Mapquest programs, do you need the BlackBerry data plan (with GPS, TV, and Radio) to use it? I have an 8830 and I don't have a data plan yet, but I am planning to get the PCS Data plan which included unlimited web browsing and e-mail but NOT GPS, TV, or Radio.

Quote Originally Posted by agentofdarkness
    With the Google maps and Mapquest programs, do you need the BlackBerry data plan (with GPS, TV, and Radio) to use it? I have an 8830 and I don't have a data plan yet, but I am planning to get the PCS Data plan which included unlimited web browsing and e-mail but NOT GPS, TV, or Radio.
    Maybe I missed something - but I don't know what you mean by "TV or Radio" - where does that enter into using a Blackberry?

The data plan is, in fact, needed to support applications like Google Maps and Mapquest, both of which must support 2-way data communications in order to work. When you say "PCS Data Plan" -- are you NOT planning to get the Blackberry support for your device? This typically comes with full data support (at least on T-Mobile). Are you getting true blackberry support? If not, what plan are you looking at, and why?

agentofdarkness no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by vinmontRD
    Maybe I missed something - but I don't know what you mean by "TV or Radio" - where does that enter into using a Blackberry?

The data plan is, in fact, needed to support applications like Google Maps and Mapquest, both of which must support 2-way data communications in order to work. When you say "PCS Data Plan" -- are you NOT planning to get the Blackberry support for your device? This typically comes with full data support (at least on T-Mobile). Are you getting true blackberry support? If not, what plan are you looking at, and why?
    Sprint offers a couple different types of data plans for the BlackBerry. There is the PCS Data plan which allows you to surf the internet and check email. There is a seperate plan that comes with TV, radio, and GPS access as well as unlimited data plan. The plan with TV,Radio, and GPS is $25/month and the internet and email plan is $15/month. With the BlackBerry 8830 (and alot of other phones) you can watch TV and listen to the radio if you have the data plan. I really don't want to pay an extra $10 for TV and Radio which I won't really use. The GPS would be a nice feature to have but its not worth $10/month.

Themetria no está en línea Stack level 2

I just tried downloading MapQuest for my Blackberry 8800 in Australia and the OTA returned a 403 server response error. I'm thinking my carrier most likely doesn't support the applicaiton - of course things would sound too good to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Themetria
    I just tried downloading MapQuest for my Blackberry 8800 in Australia and the OTA returned a 403 server response error. I'm thinking my carrier most likely doesn't support the applicaiton - of course things would sound too good to be true.
    The error generally means that the server has been configured to treat this as a download requiring a secure encrypted channel, but never installed the proper secure certificate into the server config. Most likely this is a configuration problem at the MapQuest site. I don't believe it has anything to do with your carrier. Could be, for example, that they added a new server to their server farm but didn't properly complete the configuration.

What URL are you using to get the OTA download?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast