Hi All, Just wondering why doesn't Blackberry have a folder storage system. I would really ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

gillt no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3018bc9f

Folder System

Advertisement

Hi All, Just wondering why doesn't Blackberry have a folder storage system. I would really like to organize some of stuff in folders and maybe have an hierarchy.

inc188 no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Folder System

What would like to organize?

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

The SD card and the device have a regular folder system which you browse using Media Player. When you open MP, click the Menu button and select Explore. With the SD card you can create folders anywhere you want and save any data files you want there, although the only thing you'll be able to do with them is to attach them to emails - which can be handy.

If you're on a BES, you can use any Mail folder (under your Inbox) that you have on your regular client and file email messages there as long as you have them set up to be reconciled. From Messages, click the Menu button and select Options, then select Email Settings, then click the Menu button and select Folder Reconciliation. Click the wheel and select Expand to open folders that have a + next to their name. Email reconciliation is set for any folder with a checkmark in the box next to it. Hit [Space] to check/uncheck any box.

Any BES email can be filed by clicking the Menu button and selecting File, then select the folder to move it to.

However, if you mean you want to organize the icons on your main screen, unfortunately there is no folder system for that.
    JerryD

inc188 no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala

However, if you mean you want to organize the icons on your main screen, unfortunately there is no folder system for that.
    actually there is a way to organize the icons on your screen... i am not sure about you but i was messing around with my 8830 and on the main screen i pressed the "Blackberry Button" right beside the pearl and it gave me the option to "Add Folder" and i did and i can drag and drop icons from the screen into it. it also gives you some art work on the folder... ie ( a forder with a joy stick - for games)

i didnt have it on my other bbs but the 8830 has this option..

cheers

gillt no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3018bc9f

Thanks, that's right. I have an 8830 and I have created a game folder. I will experiment around with that for creating folders for my documents.

cwadams70 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319E8B43

Inc188 is correct. I cleaned up my 8830 application screen that way.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

I (gladly) stand corrected! I just looked at my wife's 8300, and I guess OS 4.2.2 added that feature.

Very nice!
    JerryD