I am looking for a way to create folder shortcuts on the home screen or ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

troutymtl no está en línea Stack level 1

Folder schortcut.

Advertisement

I am looking for a way to create folder shortcuts on the home screen or from the keyboard?

Right now navigating to the right folder is a nightmare of pushing buttons....

help!!!

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Re: Folder schortcut.

Don't think it's possible on the current os. Supposedly it will be w/ an os upgrade similar to the 8300 os.
    PIN - 24053627

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17

there are shortcuts for your keyboard already. W- Web R= AlarmU=calculator I=Aim O=Options
    A = Address Book S=Search D= Notes F=Profiles H=Help K=keyboard Lock L=Calendar C=Contacts V=Saved Messages B=Web Bookmarks N=BB Messenger M=Messages. Be sure you have dial from home screen set to off in phone options

troutymtl no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by bglawrence
    there are shortcuts for your keyboard already. W- Web R= AlarmU=calculator I=Aim O=Options
    A = Address Book S=Search D= Notes F=Profiles H=Help K=keyboard Lock L=Calendar C=Contacts V=Saved Messages B=Web Bookmarks N=BB Messenger M=Messages. Be sure you have dial from home screen set to off in phone options

Thanks.

How about a third party software to manage folders? I find it amazing that the BB can not even let you create a shortcutt to a specific folder?

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Nope. There are no third party apps to do this.

It's surprising to you because there really haven't been that many third party apps for the BB until recently. Most icon organization can be performed via icon placement or hiding unnecessary icons. Personally, I hide everything that I don't use (password keeper, help, search, and any apps that have a hard key to call them like the Phone Log or Phone app itself, etc).

As has already been stated, future OS's should enable folder management.