Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

i wiped my device 3 times now and even when i delete the today theme ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

LLceleb no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

Re: Finally OODLES of free space

Advertisement

i wiped my device 3 times now and even when i delete the today theme and icon theme i get null java error or what ever ugh why is this happening
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

I know that I have a Pearl 8130 and it's different than yours, but I gave up with modifying it.

When I deleted the preloaded pictures, it also deleted the various folder icons I was using since they are all in one package so I added them back.

I deleted the preloaded ringtones then about 1/2 of the things in my profiles would not even open to allow me to change them, so I put the preloaded tones back and everything works fine.

I deleted the VAD, then in the options screen I couldn't open "About " and view my current OS info, I know that I can do ALT race, but I just don't like little glitches because I never know what's not going to respond when I want it to. So I put the VAD back, and now I can open the "About" screen.

Wierd things happen when I mess with things. So far the only thing I deleted without probs is the PTT, sample video, and sample song. Even with all that stuff put back, and lots of 3rd party apps, I still run 17mb free after a battery pull, I'll live with that.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

LLceleb no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

which setup wizard do i delete
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD

stunna54960 no está en línea Stack level 2

module questions

Are any of these safe to delete, or do these pertain to blackberry messenger?
    net_rim_bb_implus_app
    net_rim_cldc_impl_softtoken
    net_rim_cldc_io_rim_impl
    net_rim_services_impl

Also, does net_rim_font_european_sff apply to just the foreign languages, or is this going to screw something up if I delete it when the only language i wish to use is English (United States)?

Izzyontheeyes no está en línea Stack level 2

Stunna, did you ever download the IM+ program into your BB? Because I think what you're specifying come from that program. don't take my word for it, however...
    -------
    On another note, has anyone tried deleting the "tasks" app? I never use it, and it bothers me that it's just sitting there taking up memory on my BB.
    Last edited by Izzyontheeyes; 02-19-2008 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Automerged.

No, I never downloaded that program...I tried to find out what it was by googling it first, but found nothing in the results, so I thought I'd check in with the Stackers. The net_rim_font_european_sff will get rid of any font options you have and only give you "system" font as an option, which is plain and appears to be a 6 or 8 for font size for anyone who was wondering

I looked in my BB.alx file and I didn't find anything resembling what you have, so I doubt these pertain to the BB messenger. I'm still not going to tell you to delete them, because I'm not all that experienced in this whole modifying thing, but if you do decide to delete them and the BB messenger gets messed up somehow, you can always reinstall it.
    But form the name, I think these files are from the IM+ program.

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3

Well.....I removed most of the things described in this thread. Everything on my 8130 seems to work properly. I've got 24 free, which is the highest I've seem from this handset. What are some other 8130 owners seeing out there? I have BES on my phone, does that take much memory? I can't get rid of it, just curious. Thanks!
    Andy

ikkoku no está en línea Stack level 2

First thing I did when I got my (first) blackberry... thanks for the great tutorial/info

needforspd no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by LatinLegacy View Post
    which setup wizard do i delete
    net_rim_bb_setupwizard_app.cod

do not delete the other one.
    IM BACK w/ a new BB 8220!

Do you have the need for speed? Then drive it like you stole it!

PIN me up @ 2576B06B

If I download the opera mini browser, am I able to delete the blackberry browser (over 2mb)? Or will this lose functions such as push email and push weather or anything else?

Also, we should compile a list of all the .cod files that come with the phone and what each does/any function it takes away upon deletion (ex:if you delete the .cod with the locked pictures, you will also lose the ability for custom folder icons)..this way everyone knows which features they personally don't need and what is safe to delete so they can optimize there memory so a back up and battery pull isn't needed every couple hours to keep messages, call logs, etc

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Stunna, do not delete the browser even if you get Opera Mini. It's not like deleting the browser will make Opera the default browser. You're just not supposed to delete it.

ecasillas no está en línea Stack level 1

I have an 8830 BB under verizon
    my question if any one can help ...i give great thanks
    when i reply to a message by replying to all over 38 people only 33 are sent
    is there a limit to how many poeple can be replyed to?

thanks

ecasillas no está en línea Stack level 1

8830 email address cut off

I have an 8830 BB under verizon
    my question if any one can help ...i give great thanks
    when i reply to a message by replying to all over 38 people only 33 are sent the message
    is there a limit to how many poeple i can be replyed to in one message?

thanks

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast