Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

It sounds like you may not even have "installed" the os only downloaded it to ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Re: Finally OODLES of free space

Advertisement

It sounds like you may not even have "installed" the os only downloaded it to pc. You have to complete the install. Sorry I'm wap now and harder for me to link you the correct threads. Current OS are stickied at the top of respective device forums and you can find the how to in the bb guides forum.
    Be sure to delete the vendor.xml file after the install completes. Good luck!

~via Lavaberry (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AoleLava

And no you don't have to wipe bb or even touch your bb's os install. If you read my first post carefully again it says to uninstall/reinstall os to PC not BB.

~via Lavaberry (wap.pinstack.com)~

Izzyontheeyes no está en línea Stack level 2

Ok, So I found the sticky at the top of the forum, and it's downloading as we speak. It's going to take an hour, but I'm not going to sleep until this is resolved...
    Just one more thing: Which Handheld Version should I download? There are two. My current platform is 3.0.0.67
    Do I need to DL the one that says 3.0.0.76, or 3.0.0.64?
    FYI, I'm downloading the Telus Mobility one. That's supposed to be the most current, according to the sticky

OR, do I not even need to download the handheld version? The only reason I ask is because the blackberry.com site is telling me to DL both...
    Last edited by Izzyontheeyes; 02-14-2008 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Clarification

Ok, so I downloaded the latest OS using the instructions given here:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._os_guide.html
    I found the new OS file here:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...110507_a.htmlC
    I unzipped and installed the file that downloaded. The name of the file was: 422_b020_multilanguage

EDIT: However, it tells me it's installing BB Desktop Software 4.2.2

It then went through a very long setup process. Finally, after everything set up, I backed up my BB just in case, and deleted the vendor.xml file.

I then went searching for the BlackBerry.alx file, or the Java Folders.

From the OP I understand that I'm supposed to be finding them here:
    C:\program files\common files\research in motion\Shared\Loader Files\ (YOUR OS VERSION) \Java

I DO NOT have these folders.
    I get up to C:\program files\common files\research in motion
    I do not have shared, nor do I have Loader files. There are 4 folders: AppLoader, Modem Drivers, RIMDeviceManager, and USB Drivers. THAT'S IT
    Last edited by Izzyontheeyes; 02-14-2008 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Clarification

So here's the final update: It finally worked! I figured out why I wasn't getting the necessary folders. Apparently I didn't download the updated device software. I just went on the Verizon website and got it. The "shared" folder in :\program files\common files\research in motion\Shared\Loader Files\ (YOUR OS VERSION) \Java

showed up right away, and I was able to go ahead with the modifications. However, I must say that the "device initialization" part took a really long time and I really had to hold my breath and pray nothing got messed up . Just wanted to let you guys know in case someone tries this and encounters the same problem.

Lavagirl, thank you so much for your patience in helping me on a topic that I'm sure has been covered to death!

I'm going to sleep now....

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

I tried today to move the preloaded ringtones bundle to a separate bundle. I worked but then later when I downloaded a new mp3 from Tuneusin.com and used it as an sms alert tone I had a bunch of problems.

After I changed it, I was no longer able to go in and edit the tone for sms at all in that profile. So I checked all the profiles and each one had random items that it would not allow to be edited at all! I tried a battery pull, and tried deleting the ring tone in case that was the problem and that didn't help.

The only thing that fixed it was re-installing the pre-loaded ring tones. I then went back and downloaded that same ringtone again and used it without problems.

Also, I removed all themes except dimension zen but then my rainbow icon theme would not work until I re-installed the dimension icon theme. I guess that makes sense that it requires that one to recognize others of that type.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Glad you got it worked out!
    Sorry I had to log out after my last post but I knew you'd figure it out

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyontheeyes View Post
    So here's the final update: It finally worked! I figured out why I wasn't getting the necessary folders. Apparently I didn't download the updated device software. I just went on the Verizon website and got it. The "shared" folder in :\program files\common files\research in motion\Shared\Loader Files\ (YOUR OS VERSION) \Java

showed up right away, and I was able to go ahead with the modifications. However, I must say that the "device initialization" part took a really long time and I really had to hold my breath and pray nothing got messed up . Just wanted to let you guys know in case someone tries this and encounters the same problem.

Lavagirl, thank you so much for your patience in helping me on a topic that I'm sure has been covered to death!

I'm going to sleep now....

needforspd no está en línea Stack level 3

free'd up about 8MB. Good instructions.

:thumbsup:
    IM BACK w/ a new BB 8220!

Do you have the need for speed? Then drive it like you stole it!

PIN me up @ 2576B06B

So, umm....anything else I can get rid of? Other than languages, pics, and VAD?

ncc1701p no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask_me:)

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyontheeyes View Post
    So, umm....anything else I can get rid of? Other than languages, pics, and VAD?

What I did extra... and this is an extreme in my opinion but I deleted the default sounds file also. I use only mp3s that are stored on my SD card. And I mean extreme because I went into EVERY profile and deleted the default tones and changed them to my Trekky tones (yes geeky i know). Took about 1 hour but I did it.

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3

i know this is for a 88xx and i have a 83xx...but its gotta be similar right? i have a question...ppl say deleted language files, but i did those from application loader in DM, can i delete all other files with other language name in them? for example "net_rim_tid_chinese_CangJei.cod", "net_rim_tid_dynamic_ling_data_french_35k_2.co d",
    "net_rim_platformapps_resource__it.cod",
    "net_rim_mds_runtime_resource__de.cod",
    "net_rim_crypto_resource__it.cod", engine, vad files, etc.?

thanks!
    Last edited by jsaradhi; 02-15-2008 at 11:43 AM.

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3

never mind...figured it out...thanks anyway! i'm sitting on 18 mb instead of 8 mb!

needforspd no está en línea Stack level 3

Im running into a few problems. I cant access my phone book (BB freezes when I click on a name) nor see anything on my media card (ringtones, vids, mp3s, pics) via the Media player. They're there, my phone uses what's been assigned to the individual entries, but I cant access em. These are the only problems so far that Ive encountered after doing the memory clearing. I might have deleted something that I wasnt supposed to, well its obvious I did, but what? Any ideas?

edit: i figured it out. I somehow took out net_rim_bb_fileindexservice.cod. doh! Alls good now.
    Last edited by needforspd; 02-15-2008 at 09:08 PM. Reason: figured it out
    IM BACK w/ a new BB 8220!

Do you have the need for speed? Then drive it like you stole it!

PIN me up @ 2576B06B

LLceleb no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

which vod or vad files do i delete again?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD

LLceleb no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

after i deleted the setup wizard i get a error doesnt mess up my phone or anything but every time i do a battery pull to refresh memory i get null error is there 2 cod files i had to delete or somethin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast