Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I want everyone who reads this post who thinks that we should get 3rd Party ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

nukelalosh no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30FD6FA3

Fight Verizon GPS Incapability!

Advertisement

I want everyone who reads this post who thinks that we should get 3rd Party Applications with GPS capabilities to send a complaint to Verizon so we can be heard! Here is a copy of a letter that I sent. Let's fight this thing so we can get what we want! "I was eagerly anticipating the release of MR2 so I could incorporate GPS capability on my 8830 Blackberry but I was extremely disappointed in this release. I am disappointed because when I was with Nextel two of my best options on my Blackberry was Beyond 411 and Blackberry Maps which were both free services and had GPS capability. Since Verizon Wireless does not support 3rd party applications the GPS is worthless unless you want to pay extra. I don't feel that it is justified to have to pay for VZ Navigator when Nextel, Sprint, US Cellular, AT&T, and T-Mobile are all offering GPS capability for 3rd party applications for no cost with Blackberry Maps and Beyond 411. Decisions like this make me consider why I choose Verizon. Did I pick you for less capability then all of your competitors? Please reconsider this option as soon as possible."
    Sincerely,

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Re: Fight Verizon GPS Incapability!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thats a great idea and I support it completely but remember verizon makes a lot of its revenue because they block 3rd party appilcations so it would be very hard to convince them otherwise.

themasterusmc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24678aad

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i don't think its right 4 them 2 block some things its like a car with out seats u know or may b its just me lol

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

From what I am seeing so far vz nav. Sucks. But maybe it will grow on me. I hope!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3

David V. Goliath was a long time ago.... lol. It sounds great, I just don't think it will have any effect on Verizon's decisions. I would love to see the phones able to use the features the PHONES have built into them. AT&T blocked BB Maps so you'd buy TeleNAV. They all do it to some extent and we the people probably aren't going to change that. I'd love to be wrong though.

ncc1701p no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask_me:)

For this to work You'd have to get the entire mac crowd to cry foul on this. usually when they cry foul they get what they want. :P . You could write to the BBB for AG but it would have to be a really big massive campaign. Once you write to the BBB VZW is OBLIGATED to respond by calling you and they will. You will speak and you will get nowhere. Case-closed. Maybe writing a congressman might help? I know because I took a fight before to Palm Inc. Eventually I voted with my wallet and moved over to the blackberry which is infinitely more stable than my former Treo line of products.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by MeatLoafT View Post
    David V. Goliath was a long time ago.... lol. It sounds great, I just don't think it will have any effect on Verizon's decisions. I would love to see the phones able to use the features the PHONES have built into them. AT&T blocked BB Maps so you'd buy TeleNAV. They all do it to some extent and we the people probably aren't going to change that. I'd love to be wrong though.
    you can unlock the icon for BBmaps on AT&T.

jsntrenkler no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32C5835C

Verizon should unlock the GPS functions of the 8830, just do it!

europamo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A51117

Its really our fault for allowing the carriers to bully us to what they want. If it were ever possible to get every 8830 owner to speak as one, maybe they would listen, but not everyone cares enough. I love my service, but I really hate carrier crippling. I just read that interview with one of the honchos of VZW and he actually thinks we love a closed "BB"

I wanna smoke what he is smoking.

drib0704 no está en línea Stack level 1

power to the people

jabbawabba no está en línea Stack level 3

Everybody knows that verizon doens't give a S*** what their customers think. And why would they?? The majority of their customers are technical idiots and want whatever they are told they want by verizon marketing. We here on the forum are a small population that want the things to which we are entitled.

I think it would be smart for ATT to start exposing how verizon restricts their phones instead of the stupid ausie telling us the "internet can't hide anymore" from the middle of a damn lake. If thousands of customers start coming in and saying "but ATT/Sprint can do this, why can't you" they couldn't ignore that. Currently the VZW reps just lie to sell phones. But thats another topic....

Back on topic..... Now that the new software update has allowed for an application to access the GPS chip (which 3 months ago didn't exist according to VZW) can people more easily write a hack to exploit that capability??

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

although I agree they should not lock the GPS... you know this petition will go nowhere. Verizon has been sued (more than once) over limiting Bluetooth and they still do it on most of their phones - only started to loosen up on that just this Summer. Like above said, they don't care what customers want/demand... they care about profit
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

keep sending the letters.... why not.

Hurtem no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317fdbc8

If your provider isn't giving you what you truly want...then why are you staying? Pay your ETF and find another provider that unlocks GPS. Simple.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I agree with you..... but my company contract requires that I have Verizon. That is the ONLY reason.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast