Just bought a 8830 from verizon. My first problem is that one of my email ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

njs4 no está en línea Stack level 1

few quick questions/problems

Advertisement

Just bought a 8830 from verizon. My first problem is that one of my email accounts i am not recieving emails anymore. I did get them for about 2 weeks and yesterday and today i stop getting them. I can send out emails from my bb but can't get them any advice? Also when i send emails from my bb there is annoying signature at the bottom of the email that says "sent from my verizon wireless blackberry" does anyone know how to get that off.

Thanks in advance.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: few quick questions/problems

Quote Originally Posted by njs4
    Just bought a 8830 from verizon. My first problem is that one of my email accounts i am not recieving emails anymore. I did get them for about 2 weeks and yesterday and today i stop getting them. I can send out emails from my bb but can't get them any advice? Also when i send emails from my bb there is annoying signature at the bottom of the email that says "sent from my verizon wireless blackberry" does anyone know how to get that off.

Thanks in advance.
    1) go into menu, options, advanced options, host routing table. menu, register now. Then go into the set up internet email option and resend your service books. Pull the battery and when it comes up should be good to go.

2) Log onto your carriers website and find the BB email area and edit the account. There will be a signature area that you can change.

thank you for the quick response i will try those.

thank you for the quick response i will try those.
    No problem. let me know how it goes.

Eddie,

i did try the things you said for me to do and it didn't work out. So i deleted the email account and tried to set up again from scratch. Now it says the domain name can not be found. Is this a problem that i am having with my email domain server? should i contact them?

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB

i did try the things you said for me to do and it didn't work out. So i deleted the email account and tried to set up again from scratch. Now it says the domain name can not be found. Is this a problem that i am having with my email domain server? should i contact them?
    When you set up an email account on BIS, the BIS verifies that it can log into the account you just set up then and there. If it can't, it tells you that there is an error -- like the one you got. It may be a username, password, domain, ISP, etc. issue.

Therefore, I would say that you are correct and explains why you aren't getting email from that account. I'd try retrieving mail from your email client or web based client and see what happens, and failing that, contact your mail provider.
    -Klotar
    Supervising Manager of the Department of Redundancy Department.

Quote Originally Posted by Klotar
    When you set up an email account on BIS, the BIS verifies that it can log into the account you just set up then and there. If it can't, it tells you that there is an error -- like the one you got. It may be a username, password, domain, ISP, etc. issue.

Therefore, I would say that you are correct and explains why you aren't getting email from that account. I'd try retrieving mail from your email client or web based client and see what happens, and failing that, contact your mail provider.
    Ditto to that.

Eddie,

Also what kind of email account is it? AOL, Yahoo based, etc.? Can you access the web? can you send pin messages?
    Last edited by Eddie_gauge; 10-17-2007 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Automerged.

akim no está en línea Stack level 1

I have t-mobile. When it happened to me, i went to my tmobile account online, selected set up email and add my device IMEI(can be located under ''options'', ''status.)