Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello all, I read the forums from time to time, but my first time posting. ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Cardiac no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F2A139

Error msg and bluetooth freezing up

Advertisement

Hello all,
    I read the forums from time to time, but my first time posting. I am not too savvy so please be kind if the questions seem basic.

I got my 8800 on friday and spent the w/e customizing it, I added Doc Hawk, espell, and downloaded TelNav. I have been using a bluetooth headset and it worked fine. I also set up the bluetooth to pair with my car and it worked fine. Today when I got in the car I tried to connect the 8800 and it froze on the "searching for devices" screen. I can't use the bluetooth, but if I escape out everything else works fine. I removed the battery and tried to reset the device. When it booted up I got an alert that said, "Uncaught Exception: java.lang.ClassCastException"

If I hit okay the device works until I try to turn on the bluetooth, then the same thing as above happens. Device works, bluetooth won't

Can anyone help?

Update, I can connect to my headset with the bluetooth, but I get the same error in the car

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Error msg and bluetooth freezing up

cardiac, welcome to the stacks.
    which model car kit are you trying to connect to?
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

PIN/ID
    23F2A139

It's a BMW 5 series, connects to the car. The strange thing is it worked fine last night, and today all these problems

PIN/ID
    ask me

just a thought try deleteing the headset and car from bt then pair them 1 at a time see if its the car or headset or maybe the order you paired them?
    worth a try
    hope it works
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Let us know how it turns out.

PIN/ID
    23F2A139

No dice, it froze up again while "looking for devices"

is there a way to turn on the bluetooth without having the device look for new devices?

Has anyone heard of "Uncaught Exception:java.lang.ClassCastException"??

phoskito no está en línea Stack level 1

"Uncaught Exception:java.lang.ClassCastException" Yeah i got these error too. My bb8800 was working fine with my garmin car gps system, and than the next day i got the "Uncaught Exception:java.lang.ClassCastException" and it froze up on search new device. I noticed that this is caused by haveing "Groups" in your address book. I deleted my Groups and it started to work with the Garvin gps again. I guess when it tries to load your phonebook into the gps it doesnt like Groups. Also you can try to disable the transfere address book obtion. I havent tried it but it might work.

PIN/ID
    ask me

phoskito welcome to the stacks and thanks for sharin the info!!!!!

AFK
    AFK no está en línea Stack level 1

I was having problems with 8100 and 06 BMW X5 - kept connecting, then disconnecting. I transferred the address book whilst on a call, then turned off the tranfer address book option - works fine now, and even display's caller id on the dashboard.

PIN/ID
    23F2A139

Thanks Phoskito!!! Not sure how you figured that out, but I'd kiss your face if you were here. I can deal without the groups if I can use the bluetooth in my car!

kiranbakshi no está en línea Stack level 1

I also have the same problem. When I try to pair 8800 with BMW X5 (2007), it hangs with an erros unhandled exception. Any help is wellcome.

chinesefever no está en línea Stack level 1

Has anyone figured out the problem? Rogers sent me a new blackberry a week after I got it thinking it was the unit but the new one has the same problem. They said it was the X5 so I am going to see if they can help me today. My 8700 worked fine and so did the 8800 for about a day and then suddenly this error message and it completely crashes the bb, after I try to pair it I cant cancel it, disconnect or talk on the phone without being on speaker.

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17

I have a BMW Z4 3.0i and didnt have the same problem. Are you following the directions from BMW for pairing? Cause it took me 2 hours just to figure out what they heck they were trying to say? BMW uses auto specific BT codes that come with the vehicle. Just a thought

iptaylm no está en línea Stack level 1

I too had added a couple of "groups" in my address book and was getting the error message. Went in and removed the groups and now it works like a charm with my Nuvi 660!

Thanks!

OTCguy no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by chinesefever
    Has anyone figured out the problem? Rogers sent me a new blackberry a week after I got it thinking it was the unit but the new one has the same problem. They said it was the X5 so I am going to see if they can help me today. My 8700 worked fine and so did the 8800 for about a day and then suddenly this error message and it completely crashes the bb, after I try to pair it I cant cancel it, disconnect or talk on the phone without being on speaker.

I have the same problems with the X5 and my 8100. What did you find out?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast