I have a BB8800 on Singtel in Singapore. Email is managed through my company BES ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

8800pain no está en línea Stack level 1

Email only recieved in one batch per day

Advertisement

I have a BB8800 on Singtel in Singapore. Email is managed through my company BES in Sydney. The BES in sydney manages BBs in Singapore and Sydney. I am the only 8800, most use Pearl or 87**

Problems:
    Firstly, the Enterprise Activation took ~16hrs. Following this, e-mail flowed in & out and the prompt to 'reconcile now' working fine. Typical delay between Desktop (MS Outlook) receiveing mail and BB receiving mail is ~30mins. Apparently this is typical of all BB users at my company in Singapore. BUT LATER Email suddenly stopped flowing in. 'Reconcile now' prompt doesn't do anything. No change to settings had been made to the BB. Then, all email not received by BB came in together at around midnight.

I've checked that GPRS is available and the Browser works.
    When sending email from BB: Mail sent to myself at 1000, went through two automatic resends before being received on my pc at 1031. At 1130, the BB was still trying to automatically resend the email and by 1145 the BB gives up and gives the message error message "All attempts to resend failed"
    An address book "Look-up" works sometimes..sometimes not.
    Calendar changes are not reconciling during the day; only over night
    Email reconciliation not happening at all times.

This happens often. BES support at my company is at a loss. The handheld was changed to another new 8800. Same problem. Changed sim cards - same problem. Then we tried a 870* and it worked fine. Quick to actviate and email flows without problem. Revert back to my 8800 and same problem again.

Does anyone have any ideas how an 8800 is so different from any other BB such that I experience problems like this?

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Email only recieved in one batch per day

I wouldn't see how it would affect only an 8800, but seeing as how you're the only one, there may be something to it. I've never heard of anything like that though. Perhaps someone more familiar with BES can chime in here.

8800pain no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Email only recieved in one batch per day

My woes continue....
    Email only came through again in a batch last night.
    This morning, email flowed for an hour or so but now, when trying to send an email I get an error message that reads "Failed to contact service"