I'm not sure if it's a setting that i'm missing, but here's the deal: My ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

smohan170 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Email not syncing properly

Advertisement

I'm not sure if it's a setting that i'm missing, but here's the deal:

My blackberry 8830 is setup to sync with my comapnies BES. When I check email on my device, they show up as 'Read' when I view them in outlook. When I read a message first in Outlook, they stay marked as Unread on the blackberry. My Email Reconciliation settings are setup as follows:

Message Services: Desktop
    Delete on: Mailbox & Handheld
    Wireless Reconcile: On
    On Conflict: Handheld Wins

I've even tried turning Wireless Reconcile off for a while, and then back on. No change in behavior. I've also tried the 'Reconcile Now' option, and the messages say marked as Unread on the device, and Read in Outlook.

A few days back, I tried re-sending my service books from the vzw.blackberry.net site, but that didn't seem to change anything.

Anyone have any ideas on what else I can try? I'm guessing this isn't how it's supposed to work.

Thanks in advance.

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

Re: Email not syncing properly

Try switching the "Delete on:" to one of the others. Reset, then switch it back.

I was having this problem too, but mine was on "Prompt". My IT manager said, "Oh, it should be on Mailbox & Handheld" to which I replied that he was crazy since my old 7130e didn't have that being the case. Well, I switched it to Mailbox & Handheld and it works now.

I know yours is already on there, but try playing with that setting. See if it helps.

smohan170 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Email not syncing properly

Thanks Woodie68,

I tried as you suggested, and no luck. I also tried re-sending the service books from the blackberry provider site and then did a re-set, and still no luck.

I'm guessing this isn't the way it is supposed to work. Can anyone confirm? I generally get email on the blackberry before it gets to outlook. If I read it on outlook first, shouldn't it mark it as read on the BB soon there after?

Thanks again.