I have a Cingular BB 8800 and have set it up for several emails. I ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

amsarge no está en línea Stack level 2

email glitch on BES

Advertisement

I have a Cingular BB 8800 and have set it up for several emails. I have the BB email, yahoo and AOL which work fine. I think got permission to use the BES at work to get work emails. I activated it yesterday and after I recieved an email from the IT woman, I replied to her with a thank you. So thats the glitch. I can receive emails with the work account, I can reply with the account, but I can't start a new email from my device. All the calender and phonebook stuff is there off the server. Can anyone delve it this and help me. I was on the phone with RIM for 5 hours today. I resent service books, hard reboots, reset on the BES, wiped my BB, and started over and I still can't send an email with my work account. All other accounts work fine.

Thank you in advance

amsarge

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: email glitch on BES

Amsarge, did you go through your BES settings with your IT person? I would start by chatting with her to see if there is some erroneous restriction that's set from the IT side.

I spoke with her 5 times today and she knows the issue. She was very nice so I don't know if she is knowing or not. I'll ask on monday. Thank you.

andrewthomas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2521F913

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i had a similar problem recently, it was a BES permissions issue where a new employee had been added to exchange but did not have the BESadmin recieve as permission activated but did have the send as hence they could recieve but not send.
    If you can get synced calender, contacts etc and receive mail I would def say permsissions issue, but your IT woman would know best (well you'd think so(!))

Thanks I'll call her on monday. In her defense, she was nice and helpful.