I am thinking this question will be easy for some of you - Just trying ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

kellanscott no está en línea Stack level 1

Email Configuration/Settings Problem, Help a guy out?

Advertisement

I am thinking this question will be easy for some of you - Just trying to do a standard e-mail forwarding to this new blackberry of mine and having trouble..my university email account was error free but this one (my freelance business) is givin me trouble. Here is the pertinent information:

-This email is hosted by a company called 1and1.com
    -The email is kellanscott(@)kellanscott.com (parenthesis added because I am a "stack level 1 member" and cant post urls) ; I enter that and my password into my BB and is unable to configure, so I select the option to put info in manually.
    -I choose the IMAP/POP option, and the option for me to enter in the server info:
    email address: kellanscott(@)kellanscott.com (hosted by 1and1.com )
    username: kellanscott (i assume this is correct)
    password:...
    e-mail server: this is killin me. FAQ on my host website lists the following:

Server Type: IMAP
    Incoming Server: imap.1and1.com
    Outgoing Server: smtp.1and1.com

it also lists

Server Type: POP3
    Incoming Server: pop.1and1.com
    Outgoing Server: smtp.1and1.com

I also tried just 1and1.com , kellanscott.com, 1and1.com; SOMEONE SCHOOL ME!

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.

Re: Email Configuration/Settings Problem, Help a guy out?

how about pop.kellanscott.com?
    dcrin3.com
    One Second Coming
    1s-
    Tour - 9/6/9 | ~3pm

didn't work, but i appreciate the reply. anyone else?

Another interesting twist: when I tried pop.kellanscott.com and 1and1.com an email was sent from verizon to the email account in question reading the following-so there is some connection happening....:

Your attempt to configure the BlackBerry Internet Service to deliver mail to your BlackBerry device from this email account was unsuccessful. This email provides instructions to help with the email account set up.

You submitted the following information:
    Account Type:POP3/IMAP Email Address:kellanscott@kellanscott.com User Name: kellanscott Password:****** (For security the password is not displayed.) Mail Server:pop.kellanscott.com
    Please confirm the information. Refer to the instructions below for help in determining the correct information. After confirming the information, log in to the BlackBerry Internet Service site and try again.

POP & IMAP Accounts
    Internet Service Provider email accounts are commonly either POP or IMAP accounts. You need the following information:
    Note: You can find out this information from either your desktop email application or your Internet Service Provider:
    • Email Address:Your email address
      for example, user@ISPname.com
    • Server: The name of the Mail Server
      for example, mail.ISPname.com
    • User Name: The portion of the email address before the "@" symbol
      for example, patrickmoser in the address patrickmoser@ISPname.com
    • Password: The password for your account

The BlackBerry Internet Service site provides a utility you can download to help set-up your email account. This small application searches your computer for configured email accounts and provides BlackBerry Internet Service with these settings. To download this application:
      • From your desktop browser, log in to the BlackBerry Internet Service account. Refer to the documentation provided by your Wireless Service Provider for the web URL.
      • On the Email Accounts page, select Add Account.
      • When prompted, type your email address and password. Click Next.
      • Select I use Microsoft® Outlook™ or Outlook Express™. Click Next.
      • Click Download and follow the on-screen instructions.

If you are still having difficulties adding your email account, visit the online help on the BlackBerry Internet Service site.

Thank you.

stewea no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    headed

Hosted Exchange services can have some peculiarities with set up. If you cannot connect, and the mail servers are correct, it is probably an issue with with your username/password. Try using your entire email address (user@server dot com) as the username, and ensure your password is correct.

Worst case, contact 1and1's support for assistance.
    Last edited by stewea; 09-04-2007 at 07:37 AM.