hi everyone, i have a little problem with my bb email service. i use gmail ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Dmuench no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2510CFE8

Email Annoyance

Advertisement

hi everyone,

i have a little problem with my bb email service. i use gmail and a few other online mail accounts on my bberry, which all works fine...however...whenever i send an email form my gmail account through a webbrowser for example, i get a copy of the sent email forwarded to my blackberry, which drives me crazy. is there a way to switch off that emails that are sent form my email address are being forwarded to my bberry ?

thanks for the help.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Email Annoyance

Common problem, easily solved go to each account setting area that exhibits the problem, in your BIS account. Create a filter for From: Contains <accountname>. Set the action forward to Handheld = No.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

jabbawabba no está en línea Stack level 3

You could also download the gmail app that runs on the blackberry. It won't vibrate if you get an email, but it is a little better to use because its integrated with gmail. Just load gmail on your phone, and select "Get gmail on your phone" which loads a web based version of gmail. Then at the top select "Get gmail faster" which will take you go a page to download the app

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I thought with BIS 2.3, gmail reconciliation was included when the account is added. With the Gmail app it's not just integrated, your accessing your account directly with a slimmed down browser client. Just like accessing it from your PC.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

jtesnani no está en línea Stack level 3

I definitely don't see email reconciliation with gmail. would i need to delete and readd gmail in my email set up for this to take place? thanks

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

It's pretty quick to delete and add so I'd recommend giving it a shot. IMO it's best if you can stick with BIS but the gmail app might be better suited for some.

For the sent item issue though, it's due to the way gmail doesn't have separate in and out boxes for email. The filter that rcbjr suggested will resolve that.

haha i wish it'd be as easy as it sounds. i have about 50 filters set up for gmail...

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

It is just that easy. What do you need 50 filters in your BIS account for Gmail. or are these filters in your Gmail account.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

the filters are in the BIS acct for gmail. i set them up so i don't receive EVERY SINGLE EMAIL going into gmail as a lot of them are just not important enough for me to look at on the phone...

Ok so i deleted and re-added my gmail for BIS, set email reconciliation to wireless, etc etc. definitely doesn't work...

does anyone have theirs working for them?

Dmuench no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2510CFE8

awesome, thank you everyone, that worked well.

i do have the trial version of the gmail application atm, and i really like it, might buy it.
    Last edited by Dmuench; 06-13-2007 at 10:46 PM.