Can anyone help or direct me to a previous thread that may address these issues? ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

luvmypt no está en línea Stack level 1

Email and Browser problems

Advertisement

Can anyone help or direct me to a previous thread that may address these issues?

My 8830 has been doing some strange things...

1) Email/SMS text is not coming through regularly. If I remove the battery and replace, it pushes through just fine. I saw the little envelope with a 3. I searched all over but there were not 3 unopened messages. Pulled the battery. next thing- 3 SMS text messages from the previous day came through.

2) I have 2 email accounts setup : 1 hotmail and 1 blackberry. When I try to set up another hotmail account, I get an error : an error occurred during email account validation. Please check your information and try again. I don't understand because I can successfully signin using my PC.

3) Browser issues: Hubby and I have the exact same BB, bought at same time. He can get the internet fine yet I get a message about Insufficient Network resources.. I see icons at the top of the web page that he doesn't have: a little padlock that is unlocked. What is this and why does he work okay and mine doesn't sitting side by side in the same place? The service books were downloaded and all was fine.. for awhile.

Thanks !
    R

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Email and Browser problems

1) you may need to do an update on your OS ... that would be my first suggestion

2) hotmail is iffy...surprised you got the first one to work. mine works, but 'most' people cannot get their hotmail pushed. (i thought it was a carrier issue) .. are you sure you are putting in the correct PW?

3) have you compared browser/wap settings with him? are you on sprint or verizon?

turbolift no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    1) you may need to do an update on your OS ... that would be my first suggestion

2) hotmail is iffy...surprised you got the first one to work. mine works, but 'most' people cannot get their hotmail pushed. (i thought it was a carrier issue) .. are you sure you are putting in the correct PW?

3) have you compared browser/wap settings with him? are you on sprint or verizon?
    I'm the hubby....

I compared both browser/wap settings and everything else and neither of us can figure out why my wife's BB looks and acts differently then mine when those settings are identical. As far as upgrading, we both have the latest and greatest software. Yesterday I took everything off her BB except for the OS and low and behold the browser page still had the unlocked padlock and another small icon along with the webpage url at the very top. Mine does not have this as R had stated. I'm beginning to think maybe there's something physically wrong with her BB.

BTW, we have Verizon.
    Last edited by turbolift; 12-14-2007 at 05:41 PM.

luvmypt no está en línea Stack level 1

Regarding the Email and if I entered the correct pwd. YUP, I did. Does Yahoo email push just fine? If yes, maybe I'll change everything over to a yahoo account.

R

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e

Can i ask something tho quick how come i got an email about a new bb broswer??